Pages

Friday, 15 November 2013

STILL


Hello Everyone

Today I have my DT layout for the new challenge up at Scrap Africa, 'WHITE WITH A PINCH OF...'  there are some amazing examples up, so why not take a look and play along - you have two weeks :D

Here is my take on the challenge.


I love a white background, oh and also a kraft background, ooooh and a black background :) Seriously, there is just something so clean and crisp about white with colour. 
I chose this gorgeous teal colour because I had these photos of the gorgeous fishing boats at Hout Bay Harbour that I just love and I had also got new Washi tape (my latest addiction). A match made in heaven.

The quote on the layout says

The world of reality has it limits, but the world of imagination is boundless
and
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever

My journalling on the back of the layout says

Although I am a Capricorn, which is an earth sign, I a drawn to water - any kind of water from the stillness and serenity of lakes, to the gentle toing and froing of waves in calm seas the to the angry, crashing waves of stormy, rough seas. I even love rain... for me there is something so calming about being around water. I don't have to be in it I just have to be near it. I love the smell of the salt in the sea air and the squawks of  the seagulls flying overhead and the gentle lapping of the water against the fishing boats which come in all colours and sizes and states of repair. I can sit there all day lost in beauty and calm of it all, alone with my thoughts. This is my little piece of heaven on earth, a place where I can just be.

Here are some close-ups of my layout.



I created the paint lines by adding some teal paint to my craft mat and running a pizza cutter through it until it was coated then 'cutting' the paper to leave the tracks. I then added the washi tapes, and a bit of builders tape. The quote above the photos is a rub-on. The arrows are cut from cardstock as are the black leaves, the other arrows are washi tape.


The quote at the bottom of the layout is stamped as are the seagulls :D I also added some splats (under the gulls ;)) using my Tim Hotlz distress stains.



Here are some more gulls and a small piece of washi added at the top.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate the time you take :D 




15 comments:

  1. This is sensational! The colours are yummy & I really love the way you've used the washi & the splats - works soooo well:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly striking and inspiring . loveeeeeeeeeeee this Val xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off the charts GORGEOUS! I am in love with the photo...the colors are so fab and I love the details you put in. And in totally with you-the look of color pops against a white background pack the ultimate punch. Stunning work, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page Val and absolutely love the styling here! Love the splats, washi and just love the photo's too! The black and aqua really stand out against the white...making for such an eye catching page! Beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous! I love the shade of teal you have picked up from the boat in the photo.. love the strips of washi too.. and yes it can be addictive.. it is nice to have the color you need, so you need lots of washi!!hehe!! love white back grounds too.. and your downton abby layout from the post before this is so beautiful.. love the flowers and you have created such an elegant layout worthy of that feminine era in the photo.. have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this really packs a punch...the colours are sensational with the photos and the washi matches perfectly too...love the idea with the pizza cutter and your lyrical journalling takes me right to the scene....beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Val! Love the washi strips and splashes of color! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, Val. Perfect colors and love your quotation!! So true! Brilliant way to use the washi! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, Val....love the colours you've used & the design. Great use of washi tape too & I love the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is absolutely stunning. I love your choice of color, it just makes your photos pop and your design is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the clean lines of your page. Teal is my favourite colour...so I love everything about this page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Capricorns and both with a passionate love of all things "water." I have been known, as an adult, to walk THROUGH puddles, rather than around them! I love the shade of turquoise you have used...stolen directly from your photos! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Val, i love everything about this striking layout, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh Val this is stunning!!! White backgrounds are always a no-fail!!! And I also see you are up to something sneaky on your blog...can't wait for the reveal :) Yes I am THAT observant ;;;;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Val!! Love the gorgeous teal on the crisp white background, it is a perfect foil for the photo!! I must say one of my favourite things to do is walking along the beach. It is always so soothing with the waves rolling in, but I also love jumping in puddles after the rain!! My inner child emerging I think!! I really, really love this page!! ox

    ReplyDelete