Pages

Friday, 15 November 2013

THE INVITATION


Hello Everyone

I have another layout to share with you. This is  my DT layout for CSI's case file #98 which I am also entering for the Sketchbook 365 challenge.

Here is the case file from CSI.


This is the sketch from Scrap365


Here is my layout.


I chose to use the white, green and the purple as my main colours and there is just a little of the yellow and blue on the circle paper.
                                                 
My journalling on the back of the layout says.

My favourite poem is The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer and I came across this poem when I was having a complete crisis of faith, I didn't know who I was, where I was going or even what I believed. I had spent so many years trying to be what I thought was expected of me that I lost me along the way. I wanted to be a good daughter, sister and friend, I wanted to be the perfect wife and mother, the best worker, the organiser on the PTA, always worrying that I was creating a good image for everyone else and not putting myself first. When I read this poem my life changed forever and I have never looked back since.

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.
It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!
I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see beauty even when it’s not pretty, every day, and if you can source your own life from its presence.
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and
shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”
It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

Thank you so much for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love to read them, they make my day :D


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout & colour combo, Val...it looks so fresh!
    Beautiful poem too

    ReplyDelete
  2. PURPLE......ewwwwwwwkkkkk.....but you made it sing.....nah...let's go the whole hog......it's perfectly poetic purple:):)!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous take on the 365 one & fab use of the CSI colours & really, really deep poem.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo ooo ooo, I LOVE this LO, my fave color combo. Love love love what you did with the sketch. This is definitely one of my faves. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have used those colours, totally gorgeous layout!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your page Val, and even more than that I love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word for both your art and the beautiful poem, moving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple is not my favourite colour, but in your hands it dances and sings...fabulous design. Then, because words are my bread and butter, I immersed myself in the poetry. I'm not familiar with this life changing poem and I can see it's life changing possibilities. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool poem & love the zingy colour combo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you layered your photos. Great poem and so true. A good one to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val this is sensational! Love your interpretation of the sketch and that poem definitely has words to live by :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchbook365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome use of greens and purples. Fabulous take on the sketch.
    I think we all go through moments of doubt as we try to find our place in this world. That is a beautiful poem.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What a meaningful page! And such a fabulous one too. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another page to love! Gorgeous composition and fabulous layering, and that poem ... absolutely beautiful!! Love it all!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to scrapbook about a poem! It's a wonderful combination of two art forms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page Val! Love your take on the sketch! Such a beautiful and inspirational poem too....certainly gave me thoughts to ponder! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Val this is just lovely and that colour combination is WOW! What an amazing and inspiring poem this is too. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a striking page Val-you've nailed those colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous LO, Val. Love these colors and your amazing journaling!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete