Pages

Monday, 2 December 2013

25 DECEMBER

Hello Everyone :) 
I am back today with the new challenge at OUAS

Journalling Theme: "My favorite month" 

You are free to interpret our theme any way you like but please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes some journalling (hidden journalling is fine).

Here is this month's sketch.


Here is my layout. Guess which month is my favourite one?


I used gorgeous Christmas papers from Theresa Collins for this layout.

The quote on the front of the layout says:
Let Christmas not become a thing
merely of merchant's trafficking,
of tinsel, bell and holly wreath
and surface pleasure, but beneath
the childish glamour, let us find
nourishment for soul and mind.
Let us follow kinder ways
through our teeming human maze,
and help the age of peace to come
from a Dreamer's martyrdom.
Madeline Morse

and my journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

I love that my little girl still gets so excited by Christmas. She still counts the number of presents under the tree to make sure that she and her brother get to make sure that they get the same amount of presents. She doesn't care about the value of the presents just that they get the same number of them. She can't wait to get started opening them and we all have to open them one at a time so that the excitement is drawn out. We were all teasing her last Christmas when she announced to us that now she had to get the same number of gifts as Clint and Lin together. We asked her what was going to happen when the twins arrived and Christmas was all about them... To say that she was in a flat spin is an understatement. I laughed at her horror till I cried, cruel I know but it was too funny. I love that she brings the joy back into Christmas for us. She has always been this way and I hope that she never looses it. I think the twins are going to have some competition on their hands. Her exuberance at this time of the year makes December my favourite month of the year. She still wants real Christmas cards, to put the tree up and to put the lights on at night, the presents go under the tree and we make mince pies together. Our Christmas meal is a joint one where we all get to cook and prepare it together. I love that my kids still want to be with us for Christmas.

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I chose to go with red, green, white and kraft. 


The photo was taken on Christmas day last year and is one of the very few that have me in them. 


I used my Tim Holtz distress stains to create the splats and the banner came from one of the sheets of die cuts.


I typed the quote direct onto the cardstock and covered the date in glitter to match the journalling card above. 

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

There is loads more inspiration on the blog for you to look at.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :D

xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. It certainly is starting to feel a lot like Christmas and your page is festive, fun and vibrant! I looooove Christmas time too...it's a time for family, laughter and goodwill! It's awesome that Storm is still excited abouted Christmas....because that's exactly what it must be...no matter how old one gets! It's a special time and definitely what one makes of it! Love your page...love the splats and the cute banner! Beautiful and Christmassy indeed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special photo and so brightly, festively scrapped to capture the spirit of Christmas. It's wonderful that your daughter still has that sense of wonder and joy about it. I'm sure she will be just as besotted with the twins as their Granny and happy to share the lime light with them. Beautiful work Val :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page and your story. I hope that in years to come, my son will still want to participate in the traditions I have created. We put our decor up yesterday and he knows where it all goes, we have been doing it together for years now. Long may this last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous and creative take on the sketch. Love the cheerful banner.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. how bootiful Val, such a super duper fabulous page and that pic is oozing with love and happiness oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really bright and happy page Val. Such a precious photo and you've scrapped it beautifully. The whole page just glows with Christmas happiness, just as it should be. My kids are not quite as excited by Christmas any more ( at 40 and 45 that's no real surprise) but they do still like to spend at least part of the day with Mum and Dad which makes me very happy indeed!! Love, love, love this page!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Val :) Your daughter is still a kid at heart ;) What a wonderful piece on the front. The meaning is so often lost on us. What a wonderful reminder. Your layout is so happy :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Val this is just Gorgeous. Reminds me of my daughter, she gets very excited and shakes the odd present to see if she can work out what's beneath the wrapping...Love the photo and the Christmassy colours the little banner and the paint splats.....
    I have been very lucky and have always had both my children home to celebrate Christmas with us.....this year my daughter will be in Canada/ Churchill ...lucky girl, she will be having a White Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely layout made with this wonderful sketch, Val! I absolutely loved reading your description, too. That banner just makes your page even more festive and beautiful!!!! Yes, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this lo Val! You are making me want to scrap some Christmas photos! Yes our kids make Christmas so fun! Last year I couldn't interest my little boy in helping me with the tree and this year, he was begging to help me decorate it! I hope you have wonderful holidays this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa I hope that you do too and I am glad your little one was wanting to help this year... I love that kids go through phases and in the end they get it.

      Delete
  11. Stunning layout! Love the red splat too!! So striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo is to die for, Val. Such love. And the layout certainly does it justice - bold and beautiful. Love when you do those paint splotches like you did here with the red. They just give your layouts an edge that is so fab. Love it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This layout is just so full of love and tradition, Val! I have a niece (early 30s) who is such a Christmas that she celebrates Christmas in July each year! Love your artistic presentation right down to that vivid red splat of ink! I am getting in the mood! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page Val. It is wonderful to hear that the magic of Christmas lives on in your home.

    ReplyDelete