Pages

Friday, 13 December 2013

BE MERRY

Hello Everyone,
Finally it is here...

You can see all of the sketches and the inspiration from some amazingly talented scrappers HERE.

I chose to use this sketch.


Here is my layout.


My journalling (on the back of the layout) says...

Most of the years that we have been married I have done Christmas at home and had everyone over, which is nice but it means that I can never really relax and enjoy myself. My family likes to do the whole English traditional Christmas meal, no pressure. This last year was great because the kids did a lot of the cooking which gave me a break and more time for margaritas, it was also a small Christmas just seven of us. I am always the one behind the camera and so there are never pics of me, I was so glad that Clint got a nice camera too, hopefully now I will be part of all the family occasions  - or maybe not. This photo goes to prove that I was there last year :)
Merry Christmas!

Here are some close-ups of my layout. I used the Simple Stories Be Merry papers for this layout.


Lots of bling and the pointsettia flowers are a new die cut, and I love it.


Wooden letters painted.


Some rub-ons too.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :D

xox
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Val!!! LOVE your poinsettia's, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove this! Such a happy page.....& the red flowers...yum!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the full traditional Christmas lunch!!! I never seem to get everyone seated at the same time so that the food is hot. So, I'm revelling this year and going with cold seafood. Love your pointsettia die and the papers are perfect for a Christmas photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really gorgeous and festive page Val!! Lovely photo, delightful poinsettias and fabulous layers ... stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally sweet, love that SS collection and you have used it to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val, I love this :) You're right, one would think we aren't there since we always are behind the camera ;) How nice to have the kids do more so you can kick back!

    Gosh, I never knew about this site, what wonderful sketches!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page...I love it! Love those poinsettias...remind me of my Mum...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val, just stopped by to say how much I loved your layout in the Page Drafts reveal. Beautiful photo & a superb page to go with it. Merry Christmas my friend. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty page and love your new pointsettia die-cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning page...love the festive papers and poinsettias and the awesome title! Such a great photo of you and hubby too! I love Christmas, and these are the moments and memories that I really want to treasure and keep! ;-)

    ReplyDelete