Pages

Friday, 13 December 2013

BLOOM

Hello Again,

Just want to get this layout posted for the December Sketchbook365 challenge, which closes in a couple of hours.

Here is their sketch.


Here is my take on the sketch.


The photo is really awful but the light was bad and I could not get my layout flat even though I stuck it onto another piece of card :(

The buckling is from the Lindy's Stampgang Mists... I really love the soft colour but I hate the buckling of the card.

The quote on the tag says... Bloom where you are planted ... is pretty much how my garden got to here.

My journalling on the back says.

I love a beautiful garden and I love my garden but green fingers I do not have so pretty much everything in my garden was planted and if it died that was it. If it survived I planted more and in every colour which makes me smile because when we bought the house and there were a few plants in the garden I think they were trying to go with a purple and white theme garden :) Now it is a riot of colour at this time of the year it is colourful and beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :)


xox
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Soooo soft & pretty, Val - buckling is super annoying, aint it? Part of the whole bizzo, I guess:/:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page with the pink and green...your garden must be beautiful....the buckled pages just seem to be the a side effect of mixed media...Especially love the floral butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden sounds beautiful....and your layout is beautiful too!
    Yep, the buckling is super annoying....sometimes if I have time, I will lay the background paper on a flat surface & weight it down for a few hours, before adding layers, photos & embellies - it helps a bit, but not completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely page Val, so soft and pretty!! Your garden sounds wonderful, I love a riot of colour. Unfortunately I'm a bit like you, no green thumb and everything in my garden has to learn to thrive on neglect. Luckily for me it generally does. Love this page it is totally gorgeous!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Val this is an exquisite page, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI.. This layout looks so pretty, love your take on the sketch.. very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Val...my type of page. And my garden is the same...if iy dies, so be it. I keep planting what grows and survives...only way to be in this climate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your "from the gut" journaling: it is what it is! But, what you have photographed truly *is* beautiful, Val. With the flowers you have added, it creates a cascade of color down the page. So artsy! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty layout! Not sure if I have mentioned this before but I use a big 4inch roller to roll my paper onto the backing sheet - maybe that's why mine doesn't buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty colour combination and such a light and feminine layout Val :) Thank you so much for joining us at Sketchbook365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page Val and love the photo! Such a cute title and accents too! There is nothing better that a garden full of beautiful blooms! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout Val, so loved seeing your name in the challenge gallery this month. A brayer and some double sided tape will fix the issue of buckling fairly well, its how I get my backgrounds to lay flat. Hope this is helpful. Love your page too - xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim... I will give that a try because it really freaks me out... :D

      Delete
  13. That's so pretty Val. I do the same as Kim but with glue & it works fabulously for me. It is not the LSG mists as such but rather just the moisture on the card, so go for a watercolour paper of at least 180gsm rather than cardstock. It is available locally for the same price as cardstock & much more absorbent :)

    ReplyDelete