Pages

Saturday, 21 December 2013

CHRISTMAS

Hello Everyone

Today I have my last CSI case file for 2013 - and my 58th case file since I joined this site. :)

Here it is.


I used one of Em Starfaces' sketches from her Christmas reveal.



This is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.
Scheme - the colours are all there
Evidence - Stars, circles, distressing, paint, wood, twigs,greenery.
Testimony - Christmas Prompt. (My favourite part of Christmas).

The quote on the front of the layout says. CHRISTMAS - may the gentle spirit of the Holiday Season fill your hearts with love)

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
Truth be told I am not sure how I feel about Christmas. I kind of swing from loving the whole idea of Christmas to hating the whole frenetic pace that surrounds this time of year.
I love Christmas carols - especially if they are sung by Michael Buble.
I love to decorate the Christmas tree, with decorations from our travels, gifts from friends and specially picked ornaments. I love how it twinkles at night and the shadows it casts on the floor. I love the way it looks with all the presents piled up underneath.
I love the Christmas stocking shopping, searching for that perfect fun gift.
Most of all I love the wrapping of all the gifts, Finding the right paper and ribbons, choosing my theme and then wrapping them. This year they are 'brown paper packages tied up with string'...
I love the planning of Christmas day, the colour scheme, the table settings, the menu, the flowers the little gifts that are at each person's place.
I love the anticipation that builds up at this time of the year. My family wondering what ... what will we eat, what will the table look like, who will be there, what will I get.
I love that Storm is still like a child, peeking under the tree to see how many gifts she has and her squeals of excitement as she opens them.
The best thing about Christmas for me is that my family is together and that this is the only place that they want to be on Christmas day and I hope that that never changes.
At the end of the day the loves outweigh the hates :D

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

xox

18 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful page Val. the ornaments are very pretty & as usual the story rings true for me too :) thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning....58! That's a LOOOOT of Case Files:):) And Christmas is so problematic....lots of peeps feel sad cos family is NOT around, so I guess mostly I feel it's a blessing that I have my loved ones close by:):) Have a great one, too, Val:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous interpretation of the sketch Val. I understand your mixed feelings about Christmas. It can get to be a drama if we allow it. To me it's truly about family gathering to break bread together and the joy on the little children's faces. Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page and I echo a lot of your sentiment about this frantic time of year. It is all about family and I love mine so much and being surrounded by children and grandchildren at this time off the is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Em's sketch works perfectly here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really beautiful page Val and your journaling rings true for me as well. Love and hate this time of year for all the reasons you mentioned. Just being together with family on the day makes the whole frantic mess before hand worth while. I love your take on the sketch and your page is amazing!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is gorgeous!! Great take on the sketch - it's brilliant! And congrats on 58 cases! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stuning take on the case file AND on the sketch. It was very interesting to read your journaling, as we don't celebrate Christmas at all (but we do have our love/hate feelings towards Passover... LOL... it sounds quite the same).
    I'm happy to see thar LOVE wins after all. I wish you and your lovely family Merry Christmas. Enjoy the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Val and absolutely love the design! Love that you used the insepia coloured photo's against the festive colours! I just instinctively knew that you would wrap your presents up beautifully...that's just you! I am sure your Christmas table looks stunning and everything is in it's place and is beautiful! You do all this, because you want to make it special for your family and make it a very special occasion, and that's exactly what Christmas is about....family, friends and that special spirit of Christmas! May you be blessed abundantly and may it be a wonderful time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Val. Lots to love here....the photos, the embellies and the beautiful quote.
    Thanks so much for all your Blog and Facebook Love Val throughout the year.
    Wishing you and your Family a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Janice.. thank you for yours too :D Happy New Year

      Delete
  11. A really lovely layout, and a lot of thought has gone into your journalling too.. There are lots of things I love about Christmas and like you family being around is one of them...Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pas mal - 58 cases!! wow! Absolutely love your take both on the case file and Em's sketch, just beautiful! Thought I'd pop in and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas! I have loved being on the OUAS team with you, all the very best for 2014! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. This is so artsy and looks like an ad!
    Happy holidays and best wishes for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely a "splat" fan, Val, so I love how you interpreted that element of the sketch! Also, love all the "white space" in this design. I can appreciate your thoughts on Christmas, and I concur! ;-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous layout Val! Love the shimmery ornaments and splatters of color! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bold simplicity of this one Val!

    ReplyDelete