Pages

Monday, 16 December 2013

GIFT

Hello Everyone,
I have the new case file for CSI.

Because it is the second week of the month this weeks case file also comes with a fabulous sketch from Em Starface - who is one of the most talented scrappers I know - her digi work is just mind blowing.


Here is my take on the case.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there (the yellow has come out very pale in the photo.)
Evidence - Gold accents (bling) dots, doodling, solid background, circles.
Testimony - Journal about a gift.
My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

I love Christmas and birthdays because I LOVE getting gifts. The anticipation of seeing a wrapped gift and wondering what is inside doesn't even come close to how I feel about this gift. The greatest gift of all. It was unplanned and unexpected and somewhat overwhelming AND I think that this is the first time in a long time that I am literally wishing away the days. I can't wait for the day that I get to meet Spencer and Paige. I am totally taken with that baby belly and I have yet to feel them move. I spend hours wondering who they will look like and what personality traits they will have. Will they be artistic or sporty, nerdy or quirky. What I do know for sure is that they will be loved beyond measure.
This time I will take the time to notice and enjoy and document each and every stage of their little lives, each expression and I will delight in the things that come out of their mouths. I will enjoy these two like I wasn't able to enjoy my own. There will be no rushing to get too or from work, to get meals on the table, to be so exhausted that all you can think about is getting some much needed sleep. I will be fully present in each and every moment. I will love and I will cherish them and I will protect them like they were my own.

Here are some close-ups.
I used the Chocolate range from Fancy Pants Designs and plain cardstock.


I did some gesso and stencil work on the background page and I inked the edges with Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and used my fabulous new stamp from Helen Wallace (who is one of my favourite scrappers - do yourself a favour and check out her blog) I am so in love with that stamp. Thank you Helen :) The butterfly is printed onto vellum and blinged up.


I added flowers and chipboard circles, and a tag with butterfly washi tape on it.


The chipboard was just painted brown and left.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. For those in South Africa enjoy your Reconciliation Day Holiday, for the rest of you that have to work... it's only Monday :P

xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Grandchildren are so fun - so I'm told. You will be a fabulous grandmother Val. I'm looking forward to many layouts of the babies & watching their progress through you magical scrapbooking xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love how you've used those tickets & also the butterfly...super cute...not long now!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love this Val, such a treasure too, aren't we lucky to be able to record such wonderful memories and moments xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page about a beautiful woman in full bloom. I love the soft texture and stamping in the background. But mostly I love your words of joyous anticipation about the twins arrival. The Grandchildren give us a chance to make up for the times we think we've failed as parents. It's the icing on the cake of life. Gorgeous Val :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout, as always, Val. And I lLove how you worked your title. Couldn't agree more...babies are the ultimate gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout, so beautiful! I love the soft colors and all the little touoches, which make this one so perfect. That stamp on the background is awesome.
    But above all, your journaling! WOW! so heartfelt one. I was very moved by your writing. I'm sure you're going to be a terrific granny, and I'm looking forward for all those beautiful babies layouts :-).
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Val your page is incredible! And thank you for your kind words you made me smile you gorgeous thing! Sending you a big bear hug and a couple of these >>> XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page Val and love the chocolate papers you used! Love that stamp you got from Helen and the lovely stencilling! It's a stunning page! Love the journalling too...and yes, you always prompt pondering thoughts...and I really enjoy that! These 2 babba's are gonna be so loved and there can never be too much love ever! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, you will find your little grand babies to be the biggest gift you ever get. Your page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh Val, this is absolutely beautiful!! Not just the page itself but the journaling and the obvious love you put into it!! You are absolutely right ... making you a grandmother is the greatest gift your children can give you. You are going to love it!!!! So looking forward to all the baby pages you will be creating soon!!! Love this one!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is full of style and love, technique and anticipation! The "greatest gift of all" is, by far, an understatement, my friend. It just doesn't get any better than grandchildren! Well documented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love their names!!! It is going to be such a joyride getting to know them through your pages Val!!! This is a super page, well designed with stunning colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty Val - gorgeous colours & love that chocolate brown & beige together...

    ReplyDelete
  14. In tears reading your journal mom! Absolutely beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is beautiful Val, we are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete