Pages

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

SNOW

Hello Everyone

I have another collaboration Scrap365/CSI case file to show you today.

These will be run monthly so check it out and play along with us, you can find all the details HERE.

Here is the case file.


Here is my layout for it.


Here is how I solved the case.
.
Scheme - the colours are there.
Evidence - Ribbons, pearls, birds, glitter, texture paste (on the chipboard - snow), silver accents, snowflake, flower.
Testimony - Winter Holiday, IW - soft and sparkle.

My Journalling (on the back) says:

For as long as I can remember I have wanted a white Christmas and I got one a couple of years ago but it came at a price and one I am not sure I would pay again. It was the first Christmas that we were not altogether as a family. Clint could not get away in December because of work. I wanted to go and Simon was going to make it happen. Stormie was on school holiday so she came too and I left my boy behind. He said he would be fine and arranged to go to his cousins for the day and so it came to be.
We spent a week in England, collected my brother and took the ferry from Bristol to Ireland where we spent Christmas with my youngest brother and his family, and we had very little snow there just light flurries, but another story altogether when we arrived in Scotland for Hogmanay.
We stayed at a beautiful B & B called Dunmurray Lodge in a very small village called Pitlochry. It was absolutely the winter wonderland that I had dreamed of. Covered in a couple of feet of snow... it was absolutely the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. All I wanted to do was to play in the snow, throw snow balls, makes snow angels and take loads of photos. There is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and looking outside to see the whole place covered with freshly fallen, crisp white snow, glinting in the sunlight, icicles hanging from the rooves. It was just breathtaking. I loved it it was everything I dreamed of and more, even the cold didn’t get me down and we are so not prepared for that shock. It was the coldest winter they had had for years and years it was -21 degrees. I think the coldest we ever experience here is about 8 degrees...that was a shocker.
I would love nothing more than that experience again but with my whole family.

Here are some close-ups.


I used gelatos to create the runs of paint on the page. The owl was coloured using distress pens. Then diamond glazed


There is more paint at the bottom and the snowflake is tucked among the flowers..


The title is tipped with gesso to replicate the snow. The rest of the title is rub-ons.
I loved the colours of this case file and yellow is not a go to colour for me... but there you go.

I also have my DT card for Black with 2 another challenge that you will find HERE.

Here is the December Colour Board.


Don't know about the colour board but I know sure as hell I could rock those shoes :) 

Here is my card.


I used a wax crayon resist technique that I found at Anna-Karin's Blog.

So first of all I took white watercolour paper and put it through my holly cuttlebug folder to emboss it, I then went over the raised bits of leaves and stems with a white wax crayon and over the berries with a red crayon. I then swiped the whole piece of card with a Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Peacock. Once I was done I wiped it over with a wet wipe to reveal the white... I shaded the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. Added some drywall tape and mounted it onto red and the a black card. The Merry Christmas is a rub-on. The flower is a new Pointsettia die that I got and I love it.

Thanks for taking a look.

xox

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour challenge at CSI this month! I love your clean layout and your card is equally gorgeous! Sounds like a fun technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Val, so beautiful. Love the pink and how you put gesso on your alpha's to make it look like snow. Your journalling is magical as is your photo. Love the card also and I like the colour palette
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow outstanding work Val, gorgeous colors x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS card - thanks for sharing the techniques...& snow...one thing I've never experienced is a white christmas.....love your alphas & those white flowers are sumptuous:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the Snow layout - that angle is fantastic and totally in love with the snow capped letters! The card...omg the card. FABULOUS! I'm working on some cards for a craft show right now and may have to lift the design! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is such a fun technique and with different folders they all look completely different. Good luck with the show. x

      Delete
  6. Such a great design! and that title with hint of gesso is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your layout and card, Val! On the layout, I love that you have included so many flower, where, in winter, they are usually missing! The lighter tones are perfect for your snow photo! The card is joyous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.. Your layout is really lovely, I like how you did the title SNOW.. and your card is fabulous.. love those colors.. Yes one day I would like to see some snow like I see in the postcards too! My DD went to the UK for 6 months nearly 2 years ago hoping to see some snow.. only got a few little flakes in her hair...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous page. I love the colours and the title. So glad that you had the opportunity to experience a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout & journaling, Val. Experiencing a white christmas is something that's on my list too....no chance of it happening in Australia though!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not much chance of it every happening here either :D

      Delete
  11. Stunning layout Val!! Love those colours and the 'snow' on your title ... awesome!! Haven't had a white Christmas since coming to Australia as a child, but I still do remember them, it's magic!!!! Your card is awesome too. I must check out Anna-Karin's blog and try that technique myself. Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has the most amazing stuff on her blog Margaret and her cards and tags are something else... really gorgeous.

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely layout Val!! And your card is gorgeous! So glad you enjoyed my tutorial, that embossing folder was perfect for it. Great idea to use red for the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooooo love this page and absolutely love your card! Both have Val stamped and stencilled all over them....with beauty, with care and so much creativity and love! Love your work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete