Pages

Wednesday, 1 January 2014

DELIGHT

Hello Everyone

I don't know about you but I love the beginning of the month when all the new challenges are revealed. It is my favourite time to browse through the blogs. I am going to make time to play more in 2014.

Here is the new Sketch Challenge #25 Reveal for Scrap Africa there are stunning layouts from the Design Team to inspire you.

Here is the sketch.


Here is my take on the challenge.


The quote on the front says:

Learn to pause or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you.

My journalling (on the back) says:

I am easily delighted, nothing makes me happier than watching ducks on a pond, or cows in a field, kittens playing or dogs with kids. Flowers blowing gently in the breeze. There is so much beauty out there if you just look. These are the things that really make me happy.

Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful.  Everything is simply happy.  Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance.  Look at the flowers - for no reason.  It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are.  ~Osho


Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I used the bubble stencil with gesso on the background to emulate bubbles and coloured some of them in with green, and doodled around some of the to accentuate them.


I used some ruler washi tape on the sides of the layout too.



I also used some dry wall tape and the film strip washi. Lastly I added the flower, heart and the bling.

Thanks for popping in to take a look. :)

xox
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I really, really like your 'bubble' background here....& that dry wall tape gives lovely 'texture'....& I'm with you, sooo love looking at all the new challenges for the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the textured background & how it flows down through your photos to the corners of the layout. Gorgeous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Val.....I love the clean lines and the outdoorsy feel. Your journalling cuts right to the heart of all that is real and beautiful in my world too....TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun nature page, Val! I really love this, as I love all things nature. Two great quotes here. Very creative to have used the bubble stencil and gesso to create the cascade movement across your page. Adding bit of green here and there is very "artsy." This is the second time this week that I have seen the film strip used vertically, and it rocks! Pure genius, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have film strip Washi????? Can I come live with you? I was reminded of those fantastic photos of your playroom...what I would give to play with you for a few days. Another layout to delight...love all the textures & most of all the message. Happy New Year, sweet woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eni....I would love you to come play with me... I think we would have a blast... I am so glad that you are settling xx

      Delete
  6. So fresh and beautiful! I love the clean design. the green is gorgeous here. A very meaningful journaling too.
    Enjoy life xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sketch & lovely page! I've been trying to get here forever & a day. Wanted to comment back on what you said about LSG mists - the "Moon Shadow"mists have a walnut ink base so they are grungy, especially for vintage layouts. If you want the bright ones you need to go for the STARBURSTS that are shiny of the FLAT FABIOS that are matt. The Glitz Spritz are more for shine only & glitter so I use them on top of flowers, etc just for sparkle. Hope that helps you choose next time! 25% off today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank Helen... I am loving them.... Will get watercolour paper when I get home and give that a try... I love the look others get but when I look at mine just looks dirty and messy...

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! I love that circle template......ohhhhh I want it. :) I hope you had a wonderful holiday and I wish you all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love the textured background....another fabulous design with lots of white space...beautiful journaling too....unfortunately many of my layouts don't have journaling ...some of you girls have inspired me to journal more on my layouts throughout 2014...Thanks Val for your inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page is just like the title and absolute delight!!!! and you are so right the beginning of the month is sooo cool!
    I wish you health, love and a lot of creativity on this brand new 2014 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page Val! Love the colouring, stencilling and the wonderful sentiment of your page! The journalling is special and also speaks to my heart! ;-) My best wishes to you and your family for 2014, I am sure it is going to be an awesome year! I also just wanted to thank you for your support and creativity at Scrap Africa, it is truly appreciated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Val, this is a lovely take on the sketch, love the green colors and your masked spots look fabulous outlined like that.. Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page Val!! Love how you have those bubbles just cascading down the page and I love the clean and simple lines of this one!! Love the green on the white too ... just gorgeous!!! A fabulous take on the sketch!! Happy New Year Val .. hope it brings you everything you could possibly wish for yourself!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best wishes for the New Year you have certainly started off with some great layouts.Love the clean lines and the green on the white is wonderful, best of all those bubbles are fabulous especially the outlined ones. I have a bubble stencil on order and would love to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page! So clean and nice!
    I certainly had not been checking your blog for awhile. Now I see a revamp! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovin all that green and i want that stencil, i am having a hardtime getting my hands on all different sized cicrcles :( Hope you had a fantastic Chrissy and New Year and i look forward to creating with you in 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your bubble background! Nature is so wonderful and uplifting......I often think of people who are on drugs and how it is so sad that they can't see the beauty and the peace that can be had by being in tune with nature. And I love ducks......spend ages watching them, when I feed them with the kids.

    ReplyDelete