Pages

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

LOVE

Hello Everyone 

It is the 15th which means that the new Challenge #25 has been revealed over at Scrap Africa and here it is...A re-cycle challenge.


To use something re-cycled on your layout. Here is my layout.


My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

I am delighted that Storm has found such a nice man. Although she has known Lloyd for a long time, they met at Varsity and they did a teaching prac together and they have been friends since then. They only started dating a couple of months ago and it is so nice to see that they enjoy one anothers company and that this time it seems to be an equal partnership. He treats her so nicely and he has such an easy, likeable way about him. He fits into our family so well and I am overjoyed to finally see her so relaxed and happy in a relationship. I love this pic of them taken in Ballito on Storms birthday this year.

Here are some close-ups.


I used kraft and cream cardstock and the pattern papers are from MME - The washline range I think, and the glittery green is just from my stash and I don't know whose it is :D

I used an acetate tag from a piece of clothing I bought from Poetry and I  stamped an image onto it with brown Stazon ink. The ribbon was also taken from the loops to hang T-shirts up with.


The heart was cut from a cardboard box and covered with some of the glitter paper, and the banner was cut of some Prima flower packaging. I love that nothing goes to waste in scrapbooking.

There is some wonderful inspiration from the rest of the DT over at Scrap Africa, so why don't you take a look and play along.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :)

xox

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Love this, Val. Your daughter is a total stunner, by the way. Looks like her mama! (And her main man isn't too hard on the eyes, either. haha!) Love what you did with the clear tag too - brings a little something different in and looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully clean clear & elegant page Val. I too love how we can recycle items for our hobby :) gorgeous photo btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful photo of your DD. Yes she does look just like her Mother...stunning. I really like the classic styling of this page and am going to scrap jack the idea of the clear packaging; that's inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, I thought this might be a picture of you and your husband from your younger days! Not surprising, then, to find it to be your daughter! She is definitely "in your image," Val. Beautifully done, and with great love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh this photo is so sweet and I love that you kept the layout clean and simple for the "recycle" challenge. I will have to jump over and play along. Your daughter looks so happy. That must be a wonderful thing to watch! Great job on the LO. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super page Val and love the clean look! Love the upcycled bits and that happy and super photo of Storm and her beau! That Poetry acetate tag is fabulous...and isn't that shop just to die for....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout & touching journaling, Val...and I love your recycled tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page Val. I love your journaling. It is true that we can only be as happy as our unhappiest child. When they are happy it warms the heart xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful layout! I love your layering - oh, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, elegant page Val!! The recycling is such a fabulous idea, I'll have to look around and see what I can find. Such a wonderful photo too, your daughter is really lovely. Such a relief isn't it when our children find someone they can be truly happy with!! Absolutely adore this page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Val.....really makes the photo of them pop nicely...& they are both so good looking! Glad they're happy together, that's sooo important, right:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page Val and your choice of recycled item is a good idea. Love the pops of the red flowers too. Great start to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice page. Great start to recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your heartfelt journaling. They look so happy together and I wish for them to always find happiness being together.
    Beautiful page and I love the theme :), as I hardly ever throw anything that I think I might use for scrapping (and ending with too many items and too little space....).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to chime in with the other ladies, your DD sure is a stunner! like mother like daughter you know! and her man ahem ... quite a looker!
    This is such a sweet page, love the red bloom and the clean design. Beautifully created Val! xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! I love the colour-block effect and simplicity of this one! Very clean and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete