Pages

Saturday, 25 January 2014

PERFECTION

Hello Everyone

Well we have had a hell of a week - in a good way :) and with this weeks case file from CSI I have the first layout of my precious grand babies.


I love the colour scheme for this week. Here is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.
Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - Flowers, heart, diamond, wet medium, harlequin pattern.
Testimony - Award Certificate.

Journalling (on the back of the layout)says...
'The award for perfection goes to...'
Spencer and Paige.
Two perfect little babies. Born on 21 January 2014 in the Sandton Medi Clinic at 12.40 and 12.42 pm. Paige first at 2.1 kgs and 44 cms long, Spence at 2.4 kgs and 41 cms long. 10 perfect little fingers and 10 perfect little toes. Sent straight to neonatal ICU on breathing machines and feeding tubes and under the UV lights. They made it to 34 weeks which was amazing given that Lin had Toxemia and extremely high blood pressure. These two are fighters and although they are off the breathing machines they are still being fed through tubes and are still under the lights. The pediatrician is so happy with them and says he will monitor them until the due date of 36 weeks which is in about 10 days. I can't even begin to explain the overwhelming love and awe that I felt at seeing my grandbabies for the first time... It is like nothing I have ever felt before and is completely different to what I felt with my own children. I can't wait until I can hold them in my arms - there is nothing in the world like the smell of a newborn baby. Overwhelming and completely consuming. So in love with these little fighters. Now we are a family of 8...

Here are some close ups.


The paper are from MME - Meadowlark range and were perfect for this weeks case file. I used my harlequin stencil on the background page with TH distress inks in Wild Honey and  Picked Raspberry. The heart was cute out of the script paper and the back one was covered in washi tape.


I used washi tape at the top and the bottom of the layout. The numbers one and a stripe. They were used for the banner too. The arrows are washi tape.


The title is thicker from American Crafts and the flowers are ones from my stash. I created the splats using TH distress stain in Picked Raspberry.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully things here will get back onto an even keel and I can get back to some creating :D

xox
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh Val, this is so stunning and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first of many beautiful pages of your grandbabies Val! A truly inspiring page and I can't wait to see more of these two precious little ones :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Val! Beautiful page of the little ones! I can't wait to see your photo holding them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much love in this page, Val! the certificate for perfection goes,also, to the Thorpe family. Love your journaling, and it's awesome that you already made the 1st baby layout!
    Enjoy each and every moment of being a granny! love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so it begins....the adventure of your life and that of your family....a very special page about these two precious little ones, born under a lucky star into a family where they are wanted and will be nurtured with enormous love. You are a super woman, after all the drama, to still come up with the first page about these babes....love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man this is just gorgeous! I love the hot pink splotches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Val! Glad everything is going well for the little ones too!! I love your ombre masking too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and your page is perfection. Oh Val, that experience of seeing parts of your heart now living and breathing and being little people. What an amazing moment. I know how much pleasure these two little babas are going to bring to your life. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just perfect....looove that heart & the washi tape is a perfect touch AND the spats....yum! Wow...hope they do get home in the 10 days, that would be awesome:):) Enjoy the ride...enjoy EVERY LITTLE MOMENT as the time passes too, tooo quick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww loved reading your journaling (brought a tear to my eye!!). Your layout is just perfect, Val...beautiful work & great take on the case file :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrat Granny Val!! haha good to hear that both are doing fine, a new journey starts for you and your family enjoy! lovely lo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this page Val!!! So beautiful and so precious!! Loved reading your journaling too, and I totally agree with you ... grandchildren are so very special, you are going to love being part of their growing up. Unfortunately they will grow up way too quickly but you're going to love the ride!! Besides you'll have tons and tons of Scrapbook pages to look back on!! Enjoy!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are perfection and so is this layout! Congratulations.....your new life as a Nanna begins....enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect, What you to be called? Bless them

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightfully precious, Val! The first of many, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply gorgeous, VAL! I saw this on the CSI page, but had to come read all about it on your blog. :) I just love all your detail and journaling. How are you using ink with your stencil? I have only used my stencils with paste. Are you directly inking with the pad onto the stencil? Lovely effect. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at those gorgeous little babes!! I love this page - so vibrant and filled with love. The splashes of pink are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw this page at CSI and it certainly is perfection...in terms of photo, sentiment and just everything! Looooove all the elements and details....just a beautiful document to a perfect moment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete