Pages

Friday, 10 January 2014

RETREAT

Hello Everyone

It's Friday and there is a new Challenge up at Let's Scrap hosted by Michelle Looi.. My mojo was still on Christmas break and it took me three days and three goes to get a layout out... what the hell is that. I have whipped Mojo's butt into shape and hopefully we understand one another now :)

The challenge is to be inspired by this photograph


You need to create a layout using a Let's Scrap Sketch and three elements inspired by this photo.

I used this sketch.


I rotated it 45 degrees and came up with this.


This was the inspiration I took from the photo for my layout.

I love buildings and architecture and I chose to use this photo that I took from our recent trip to Lords of the Manor for Christmas. I love this place just so beautiful and peaceful. Those were the main things I took from the photo. I also used the fencing, vines, colours from the photo. Shapes of the bushes with the circles.


The quote on the layout (above the photo) says: 
The most beautiful view is the one I share with you...

My journalling on the back of the layout says.
I fell in love with this place the first time that we went there at the beginning of the year and this was the third time we had been back. The beautiful architecture, stunning scenery and warmth of Brian and Louise who run the place all make it a place that I want to spend time. I love the peace and quiet it is a place to take a good book and lie by the pool in the summer or in front of a roaring fire in the winter and just relax. They have retained their English style, the rooms are cosy and inviting, tea is served in the afternoons with scones, jam and clotted cream. Drinks served in the bar before going in to dinner and the food is just delicious. I love that every time I have been there I feel like I am visiting an old friend.

Here are some close-ups.


The papers I used were from a DCWV paper pack that I got from somewhere but they were great for the colours in the photo. I used some Burlap ribbon and some Prima flowers to replicate vines. The punched border is a Fiskars punch and the purple flowers were white that I misted using an Adirondak mist.


The chipboard fence and the title are from Celebra8 and Enmarc. I also added a couple of big brads.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and I hope you pop over to Let's Scrap and take part in the challenge.

xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. oh yum mama Val! This is beautiful! Firstly the photo is gorgeous and how you had interpreted the challenge, it didn't sound like you had to take 3 days! Nonetheless great job!
    Thanks for playing along the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layering Val. Love the colours you chose for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Layout Val! I think you definitely whipped MOJO's butt. I know what you mean though. Sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get a layout completed! I feel for you. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have found such a beautiful retreat Val. the colours are perfect & I love the touches of purple. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this! The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah, Mojo has a mind of it's own at times, doesn't it Val??!!!! Never mind, you GOT THERE...yay!! And the colour combo is errr...well, let's say there's purple in there, & you know how purple & I have a love-hate relationship....HOWEVER....with the green it works a treat:):):) LOOOVE the way you've used the tags & that little fence & after seeing this page, I wanna go here, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy if you EVER come to Africa I will take you there :D

      Delete
  7. I Love your interpretation of the sketch & the challenge. Love the colors & especially the pretty chippie fence. Most of all, your journaling is always so spot-on and beautiful these days. Glad your mojo is back in time for your birthday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful place! and your page goes perfectly with the photo. love the soft look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mojo has a lot to answer for at times...But you were victorious in the end. You could be on commission for the retreat Val!!! lol You make it sound divine. Like Lizzy, I'm not mad about Purple, but you made it work a treat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!!! I would like to go there too Val!! Looks like an amazing place!! Love this page!! Your mojo obviously learned it's lesson and came back in spades ... absolutely gorgeous!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I lost my mojo after Christmas too....very frustrating......staring at paper with a blank mind! But you have got it all under control, as this is beautiful! Love the pop of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't see no stinking missing mojo! Hehehe I think this is gorgeous. That little fence is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super page Val and love all the little bits and bobs! Such a super photo too! I have this paper stack too, but if I am honest, I have maybe used 3 sheets out of it! I love the green and purple combination, so really think I must try and use it more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty layout! That looks like a place I could do with visiting!! Beautiful colour mix!!

    ReplyDelete