Pages

Sunday, 26 January 2014

WELCOME

Hello Again :)
Yes I am back with another post... This one should have gone out last night but we had no electricity so I could not post... so here it is now.
There is a new challenge up at Let's Scrap hosted by Susanna Granroth and the challenge is to create a layout inspired by this photo.

I took my inspiration from the colours in this photo... the blue of the tablecloth, the red of the lobsters (I went with the lightest ones and the hearts  on the paper towel and the fact that the lady is taking a photo with a phone...

Here is what I came up with. I used this Let's Scrap Sketch.


Here is my layout.


I used papers from the Carte Bella range which were perfect.
I took the photos with my phone...

My journalling says....
 I don't think there are words to describe the feeling you get when you see your Grandies for the first time. Spencer and Paige are just perfect... button noses and pouty lips. Ten perfect fingers and ten perfect toes. It was love at first sight.

On the back I have written...
Our first glimpse of the twins was as they were being wheeled from the theatre to the neonatal ICU. Dr Greef stopped so we could get a quick look at them and a photo. It was such an emotional time for all of us and to finally see them was just so overwhelming I can't really explain it all... the whole range of emotions from wanting to cry as I realised my own little boy was a dad himself and the fact that that creates another change for me to absolute wonder at these two beautiful little humans before me who are a complete miracle and everything in between. Now as I look back I don't really remember so much about that first encounter it was so rushed and so emotional. We finally got to go and see them in neonates on Thursday night and we spent some time with them. I don't think that sense of wonder at seeing a new life will ever change. It was absolutely love at first sight. 

Here are some close-ups.


I created the splats with Distress Ink by TH in  Chipped Sapphire. I layered up the journalling cards behind the two little photos as a photo mat.
I coloured some seam binding ribbon with my distress inks in Wild Honey, and added that down the side.


 I added lace under the little people strip and I also filled a couple of the hearts with glitter... one for each baby :D
The flowers are from Prima, Petaloo and my stash..


Here is a close up of the journalling on the little card.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I love your visits.


xox
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. What a perfectly sweer layout. I love how you incorporated the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Val...you are such a quick worker for a brand new Granny....I know that feeling....there is nothing in the world to compare. Love the sketch and only you could interpret the lobster photos into this delicate page of the bubbas....now that's clever....must have your Granny pants on...!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunner page Val! I love your colour combo, they work perfectly together. And if course the story is so heartfelt. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very special. Can't believe you have scrapped them already! Speed Queen of NOTE! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunner! Just looooove your 'splats'....the whole page looks amazing!!! And look at you, Granny:):) taken to it like a duck to water:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First layout of your 2 precious ones! ....and it is a stunner. I hope you get as much pleasure as being a Nanna as I do ....nothing quite like....they always cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Val!!! We can certainly see that you are loving being a Granny!!! Beautiful!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so very proud of myself, as I controlled me emotions while reading the journaling on the front of this oh-so-precious layout. Then, I totally lost it while reading what you wrote on the back. I have been a grandmother for almost 14 years now, and it is still the best role I have been privileged to play! Congratulations, again, to the whole lot of you! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing Val! I love that handwritten journaling. How on earth did you make those perfect formed splats? I LOVE THEM! Do share. Congrats again, I am praying for you and your family to have years of wonderful memories to come! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! The layering on the side is great, and you can't get a better subject! I'm excited to see the wonderful los you do of these precious grandies you have. Oh the lips, those sweet litlle bowed lips, I can and have kissed little lips like that over and over :)

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaaw man, these little babies are just so precious! And yes, it is absolutely the wonder of life when you look at these little angels and see how gorgeous and beautiful they are! As you say, when babies are born, it is an emotional time for the whole family, as they all then start playing parts in these little childrens lives....and I must add, that they are truly blessed, because not all families are as close or as involved as you guys! Beautiful page...love the combo of colours...witha little touch of vintage...stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete