Pages

Sunday, 2 February 2014

ADDICTED TO COKE

Hello Again :)
I love this time of the month :D 
Another challenge revealed is the new sketch for February over at OUAS, also some wonderful inspiration from the DT.
Here is the sketch. The journalling theme for this month is 'Totally addicted to....' (that was an easy one for me).

So I started off by using a mirror image of this sketch because I just find it easier to work from left to right. Weird I know...but also because my photos (which I got off the net) were looking the other way.

Here is my DT layout for this reveal.


This is another layout inspired by one of the teachers on the Pop and Colours Site and this time the teacher was Georgia Heald who is one of my scrapping icons. This was my first mixed media piece and I am thrilled with the way it turned out.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

I am totally addicted to coke zero. I  ONLY drink it out of a buddy bottle and I have tried, sometimes successfully, to limit myself to one bottle a day and I ALWAYS have a bottle with me and it is the ONLY thing that I drink as a soft drink. I guess it started around 10 years ago or so and I am not really sure why or how and now it really doesn't matter. I have tried many times to give it up because I know how bad it is for me, I have read the effects of aspartame on me but I figure what the hell I am going to die anyway so I may as well die happy because when I have tried to give it up I am a really grumpy b*&^h. I also justify by saying there are a hell of a lot worse addictions that I could have... well that is my story and I am sticking to it. Please may I have a coke zero?

Here are some close-ups.


I started by layering strips of paper, onto my background page, going up and down and also across, I then covered it all with a coat of gesso. I used stamping, mists, stencils and washi tape, building up layer upon layer until I was happy with it.

 

I added some lace, bling and silver foil for interest and the cotton under the tags.


I also added a doily and the photos were matted onto black and silver. Finally I added the flowers and the brads. 

I had so much fun with this layout.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.


xox
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Quite the title! Great colours and techniques on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and dramatic. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Val this is gobsmacking gorgeous ..... so striking with every detail perfect .... top marks, love love love this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING...if this is your very first MM LO...then we're in for a lot of future treats!!! That strong colour combo is amazing, too....BTW...my DH is also addicted.....not me, though. Give me coffee any day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Val ... this is Awesome!!!! Your background is amazing!!! You've done the mixed media to perfection!!! Oh how I wish I could get it right!! Looooooooove this!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you might have found a new style Ms Val!!!!! Loving it, so striking and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and the whole page!! The techiques are great so is the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made an awesome page my friend! Love it :) And you're right, so drink your coke lady and enjoy :D

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing Val! How do you come up with all these fabulous layouts! You are really amazingly artistic. You create such beautiful pieces! I simply love them. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely a shock for me, Val! I would never have guessed your addiction--or that you even *had* an addiction! This so reminds me of something my husband often quotes by Woody Allen..."You can live to be 100 if you give up everything that makes you want to live to be 100!" Great pops of red really sets this layout on fire! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Val, this is stunning. Bold, vibrant and sultry. It has the feel of cabaret, music, cocktails and a sensuous couple dancing the tango. Who would have thought you had any addiction other than scrapping? LOVE this, my new fave of yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful page, so lovely with the red and black,,,,,, lovely blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers....such a stunning page Val! Loooooooooooooooooooooove it! Really so amazing and the colouring so dramatic and perfect to match the coke zero. We all have our little vices and I don't think it's the worst thing ever!!!! LOL.... Love that the mojo is flowing so fluidly....fabulous stuff! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Val, I love your layout very much!!! The color conbo is great! And a hole layout is very interesting and great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout Val! Love your stunning background! The black and red color palette is quite striking! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this page, Val! Very stunning backround and great photo. Your journaling made me smile - well everyone lives with little sins, I think....
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete