Pages

Monday, 17 February 2014

DREAM BIG

Hello Again.

I have another post today it is my layout for Round Two of the Supreme Scrap Tournament.
Here are the rules for Round Two.
Make a monochromatic colour layout

1. Pages : 2 pages Layout (double page!)

2. Theme: You can choose your own theme

3. Colour LO: The monochromatic color scheme you use is up to you

4. How many Photos: Minimum of 1 photo

5. Photos: - One photo must be partly on the left and partly on the right page - One photo needs to be black     and white.

6. Not to be used: - You are restricted from using black anywhere on the layout including, ink, paint, pen           lines, journaling or any other elements.
- There is not to be black on the page with the exception of your black and white photo(s).
- You can not use brown to antique elements unless brown is the colour you choose for your monochromatic    colour scheme.

7. Materials you may use: embellishments, ink, media stuff, everything that you want in the monochromatic         colour.

I based my layout on this sketch from Becky Fleck at Pagemaps.


Here is my layout which I kept fairly true to the sketch which is not like me but I really liked it.

The journalling on the front of the layout says:

Our dreams disturb us because they refuse to pander to our fondest notions of ourselves. The closer one looks, the more they seem to insist upon a challenging proposition: You must live truthfully. Right now, and always. Few forces in life present with an equal sense of inevitability, the bare knuckle facts of who we are, and the demands of who we might become. 
Marc Ian Barach
My journalling on the back of the layout says:
I fell in love with this house the first time I saw it and I would love to live there. I mean who would not want to live in a converted 1800 something stone church. The inside is a beautiful as the outside. I love the huge oak tree at the entrance, the wide open spaces and the view. I can imagine spending time in that cemetery wandering among the tombstones wondering about the people buried there and the stories they have to tell. I can imagine sitting on that bench under the tree in the cemetery overlooking that amazing vista with a good book and a picnic tea. I can imagine ringing the church bell just for the fun of it but most of all I can imagine lying in the bath looking out over that beautiful sight. I can but Dream Big. :)
Here are some close- ups.

I used my brick stencil with some inking and gesso to re-create the stone work of the outside of the church. I also did some sewing on this layout... quite a lot of sewing actually which is not like me. :D The hearts were all dry embossed for texture and my black and white photo is just behind the colour one of the cross in the garden.


I also did some stamping on the layout and added flowers and bling.

I did more stitching on this layout and also stamped a quote which says:
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live full the life you have imagined.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. :)


xox
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. A stunning double page Val! So much detail to look at & beautiful photos as well. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great work...well done on the challenges up to now Val!!! Keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous double Val, with the textured bricks and stitching. I like both the quotes and this old building is charming. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quotes are FAB.....I'm a sucker for ANY old buildings...in fact, those little weatherboard houses with verandahs out the front are now called by my mother 'Lizzy Houses'!!!! And well done with this page...so NOT easy scrappy in mono with all those rules!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee you have done a wonderful job with so many rules...that would have done my head in! Love the textured bricks...just the right amount and the stitching. I love old house too...we always watch the reno shows and dream of doing this....which is a bit silly considering we still haven't finished this house! And it is over 100 years old.....in this instance I think we should stop dreaming and get on with our original dream LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap Val my head is spinning just reading about all of those dos and don'ts! You go, girl! (I checked this challenge out but was too late...no matter though because I don't think I'm ready! LOL) You, however, ROCKED this big time...what a gorgeous old church and amazing landscape just perfectly scrapped. The quote and your journaling are fab as always. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous pages and great challenges....you rock double pages, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I enjoy that color scheme, purely fabulous!
    By the way, I just found your Pinterest account, and holy cow there is so much to see!!! I think I have to take a break from work to see all your pins. So much inspiration there, cool pictures and...well, so much there :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes how wonderful this looks, and your layout is outstanding, love the double.. and you have fit the criteria so well too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. sigh and swoon !!! such a sensational piece of arty delight. your work is so beautiful, love and hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! ......you have created a beauty here Val.....Just Gorgeous......Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure genius! Love it, Val! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page...love the stitching, details and colours! Pure harmony! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful layout! You really made it work despite of quite a challenging prompt. Very lovely colour scheme, and a great sketch you've found for this.

    Thank you also for your nice comment on my layout for this month’s Scrap Africa challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous double page, Val...you've totally rocked that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job with this fairly restrictive challenge! Your layout is just as lovely as the church in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning double pager! Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning double page Val!!! Love that old church and I agree it would be a lovely place to live in. You have certainly created an amazing page regardless of all the rules you had to follow. Absolutely love this!! ox

    ReplyDelete