Pages

Monday, 3 February 2014

DAD

Hello again... got another post :)
This time it is for the new Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #26, there is so much inspiration on the blog from the rest of the DT... we would love you to come and play along with us.
Here is the sketch to use.

Here is my take on the sketch.


The quote on the layout says:
Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
I love how you have embraced your new role as a husband and a dad. You have taken to fatherhood like you were born to it. You are so easy and natural with the kids and you don't show any hesitation at all when handling them, and they are so tiny. The look of happiness on your face as you hold Spencer is like nothing I have seen before from you and I think it suits you. I know you are going to be an awesome hands on dad and you will love and guide your children as they grow up. I love that you and Lin are such wonderful parents, working together to be the best that you can be.  I am looking forward to the next phase of our journey with you and I am so proud of you and I love you more than you will ever know.

Here are some close ups.


I added some gessoed brickwork that I coloured with water colour pencils.. The quote was added to journalling strips. The butterflies were punched with my Martha Stewart punch.


I added the flowers and also the little light bulb and the leaves were cut using a die cut.


Closeup of the flowers with the hat pins.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.



xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous layout! There you go again with that gesso and watercolor pencils? That is just too cool of an effect. Love the bricks and the flowers on a manly page. Just fabulous! HOpe you have a fabulous week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colours and the flowers on this. So pretty yet so masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect in every way....it's a REVELATION to see our boys as Dads, I reckon...& you say this so well:):) GORGEOUS colours & the butterflies.....no wonder you've been so busy....so much you DO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A soft and dreamy page for this proud new Daddy and his babe. I agree; watching our children as they parent, is one of the most beautiful gifts. Love the mixed media here and the effect on the bricks is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Val! love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Val! Love the brick wall design and all the beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Val...this is so precious...and our journaling is so heart felt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning page, beautiful photo, so perfect, well done. Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These babies are kicking your mojo into high gear, lady! Another gorgeous page...the colors are divine and that photo is just so stinking sweet. What a proud daddy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Val!! I love this page so much, the awesome photo and the colours (i have been in love with the tealy/aqua thingy too). This page is one of my new favs of yours!! Thanks for popping by my blog I think PL would be an awesome way to go wiith the twins. I find i am doing it alot more these days as it is a bit easier. Take care and enjoy those babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ! love the soft blues for your beautiful photo and that journalling is just special

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful photo, layout and post . Love these colours and the bricks give it a manly feel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable photo and stunning layout! love the colros, the design and all the embellies.
    Can it be that your son learned something at home about being a good parent?... :))

    ReplyDelete