Pages

Monday, 3 February 2014

HOME

Hello Everyone it is MONDAY!
A very wet and cold Monday here in Johannesburg too.
So I signed up to be part of the SA team for the Supreme Scrap Tournament that is being held worldwide. You can read all about it HERE.
 
Here is the Challenge Criteria for round 1.

Scrapbooking: 1000 steps from home

Make a double layout or double mixed media project that shows where you live. 
But it all has to be within 1000 steps from your home!!!!
For example you could make photos of your favorite tree, bus stop, house as long it is within 1000 steps of your home!

- You can not use any spray inks!
- You will have to use at least 3 photos on your project (scrapbooking and mixed media!!)
- You will have to add a visible journaling of at least 50 words
And... here is my layout.

I used papers by Echo Park and plain cardstock. The layout shows the drive into our estate to our house and though it into the garden. All under 1000 steps from the house.

My journalling on the front of the layout says:
HOME is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule.
Frederick W Robertson

My journalling on the back of the layout says.
This is not a house it is a home. Where all are welcome, feet can be put up on coffee tables or furniture. It is a place where we love, and laugh and sometimes fight. It is the hub of my family and the place where everyone gravitates to for comfort. It is a place where everyone chips in with the cooking and then goes home and leaves the mess behind. It is the place where we have loud raucous parties cheering on our favourite teams during rugby season. It is the place that birthday celebrations are held. It is everything that the quote on the front says it is ...
There is NO place like home.
Here are some close-ups

I used my Tim Holtz Sun Rays stencil with Wild Honey Distress Inks. The birds is also a stencil that I used together with black paint. The fence was coloured with Wild Honey Distress Stain and then I used a coloured and textured paste here and there to distress it. The compass coin shows the direction of the house too.  I stamped the word delight and added the flowers.


The birdbath is a replica of the one I have in my garden and was given the same treatment as the fence. The quote there was cut from the paper. More stamping at the top of the layout and some ink splashes.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

xox
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. A stunning design about the beautiful area where you love. Love the birdies and how you did the wording. Yes isn't it gorgeous rain we are having the past few days here in Jhb. The Jukskei river here in front of our complex has come down in flood again. Quite a sight.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely layout ... I'm visiting from the tournament, I love how we are seeing different corners of the world thru it!! :) Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful and the journalling is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page Val and lovely journaling!!! Fabulous colour and photos and I love your little fence!!! Beautiful work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I know that to me this would be a really tough challenge. You however, have solved it beautfully. Love the creative journaling! Good luck in the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing a little more of your piece of paradise Val...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the teams, I'm so excited to watch your progression! Best of luck, this is fantastic, as always. :) Love those birds and the little rooster. So ingenious! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Val! we are in the same group! Very beautiful as always! good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Val.... I especially love the Rugby teams comment!! Can sooo relate being married to a Kiwi!!!! And that sunrays mask with the birds....PERFECT touch:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout, Val!! A lovely place to call home!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. Love how,you cut each sentence and staggered them. Such a true and touching ode to home. You're such an inspiration :) Love seeing your work <3

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. I love it that your house is home and that you can put your feet up. I will feel right at home there :-D Lovely double spread.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one house, right? Like, all yours??? GORGEOUS! I think I need that Tim Holtz sunburst stencil too. That looks so awesome here. Think I might have to check this challenge out. Sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful clean design!!!great color choice and i love your birds!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete