Pages

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

MOM

Hello it's me again - with another blog post :)

This time I have the new challenge from Black with 2, the rules are simple - use black cardstock and  two colours from the mood board - this month the colours are Hot Pink and Aqua, usethe sketch and use the word dream in your journalling. We would love for you to play along. The DT has come up with amazing inspiration for you and you have the whole month to do it.

Here is the mood board and the sketch.


Here is my take on the challenge.


I love these colours together and I saw on another sketch the use of the triangles which I loved so I rotated the sketch so that I could use them

My quote on the front of the layout says:
Mom, the sweetest word you will ever hear!

On the back of the layout my journalling says.

Lin handled her pregnancy so well and even though she had problems she never complained or let it stop her doing things. We were all so worried when she was admitted into hospital early and overjoyed to hear that the twins had been delivered safely. The day after her c-section she was up and taking care of her babies like an old pro. She is such a good mom and I know it is breaking her heart to have to leave her babies behind now that she is  back home. Her head tells her that it is for the best and that they are being taken care of well, but her heart is screaming that they should be with her, and she is doing what she can to make the best of it. She loves nothing more than to go to the hospital each day to feed and cuddle them and she is quite happy to just sit with them no matter how tired it makes her. She is willing her babies to get stronger so that she can take them home with her and make her family complete.
She had a dream and now it has come true.

Here are some close ups.


I cut and placed the center part of the layout and then placed the triangles on the page.


Once the page was assembled I used my triangle stencil and some gesso to add some additional triangles.
I tied a bow to the photo and added some hat pins that had little flags attached to them.
 

I also sprayed the background with some pink spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang, and I added some bling to the layout too. Lastly I added the flowers and the quote on the front of the layout.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I appreciate your visits and the comments that you leave.

xox
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Val. I hope the babies will be home with their mom and dad soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome color scheme for this one, Val. Mom is truly the sweetest word on the planet. I can't imagine how hard it is for your daughter in law to leave her babies behind each day. My heart breaks just thinking of it. Crossing my fingers that they can go home VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I love the colour scheme too & those triangles make it all sparkle...I feel for her...she's looking REALLY good here, though.....it's lovely she has such a positive outlook:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your DIL sounds like an exceptional woman...She looks beautiful here with her brand new baby. I would not have thought to use these intense colours for a new born, but they work so well. Perhaps because they match the intensity of the early caesarian and the anxiety of leaving her babes behind. Another stunning page from you Granny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really bold and beautiful. The colours just pop off the black.
    It's hard being a new mom...when all you want is look at your babies. Hope they get to be home with her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a warm and beautiful page Val!! Your DIL is a remarkable young woman and I feel for her not being able to have her babies with her. Hopefully they will soon be strong enough to go home. Love this page. Absolutely gorgeous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the bold colours and those triangles make a dramatic statement. Another lovely layout and
    good to read story. Hope the twins will be home soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. This beautiful layout is a wonderful tribute to the strength and love your DIL exhibits for her two children. Wonderful journaling, too, Val! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout to express a mom's love and strength, both Lynn's and yours. It is amazing how brave and powerful your DIL is.
    The colors work wonderful on you page. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super page Val and what a precious picture! Lin certain,y sounds like such a great Mom...and I have a little inkling as to how she is feeling..Joe was placed in a warming incubator straight after being born...and I had to be warmed up too...so we were apart for the first 3 hours...it was really awful and also such a catch between wanting to hold your baby and knowing that it's the best for them to be where they are! Blessings to you all and the babies...I hope they are both home soon! xx

    ReplyDelete