Pages

Monday, 17 February 2014

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO KARMA

Hello Everyone - IT'S MONDAY!

I don't know what happened to the weekend it has been a busy time for me with my little Paige and I am enjoying it so much... so much so that I forgot to post my challenges so here they are.

This one is for the new CSI case file. 
 
Here it is.


This week it comes with this wonderful sketch from Em Stafrace.


Her sketches are seriously fun to work with.
Here is what I did with it all.


Here is how I solved the case...

Scheme... the colours are all there.
Evidence...Pet accents, crown, flowers, pearls, lace, solid background.
Testimony...Journal about a pet and tell the story through your pets point of view.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

The World according to Karma...
Why don't you sit down and I will tell you how this really works?
As my pet human you may think that you are in control and you run the roost, but seriously take a good look at me and I will lay out for you how this really works.
What you give out you get back, I have a whole lot of love to give, anytime - anywhere - anyhow, and I get lots in return. Everyone thinks I am just adorable and they ALL want to take me home... so exactly who is doing who the favour here.
When you are cute you are cute and you must use that to your advantage to get away with as much as possible all the time. I am seriously cute and it works - trust me.
What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine too. If you leave it in my way and I want it I will take it, shoes, clothes, food and even your place in the bed. No holds barred!
Barking is GOOD! Especially when welcoming your humans home. It shows you how much I have missed them and how much I love you. It is also very welcoming for other humans visiting. I will only stop once you have given me the attention I require.
There is only ONE way to drink tea and that is out of a china cup or mug. There really is no other way. The same can be said for water... the only way to drink it is out of a glass, preferably your cup or glass... after all sharing is caring :D
Hiding when it is bedtime shows you that I DO NOT want to sleep with the other dogs – after all haven’t you heard that if you lie with dogs you get up with fleas.... Eventually you will get this and I will sleep on the bed with you.
When the front door is opened that is the signal for fastest dog out...BOLT! this is the best game ever, I think you love it... you chase me down the street arms flailing, wailing like a banshee. The best part is when I stand still until you are about to grab me then bolt again... I can entertain you for hours doing this.
Watching TV is the time to wait until you are comfortable then I will lie on top of you, close to your face so I can lick you occasionally and snore in your ear...if I lie like a baby you won’t kick me off.
Chasing the birds is my way of showing you how clever I am and that I know when they are on the wall of the garden, I bark so that you will come outside and see how clever I am.
The world according to Karma is a very special world and one that I am so glad I live it. I am glad that you are my pet human and that finally perhaps you will get it.

Here are some close-ups


I used white as my background and distress the edges, did some stamping and then some stencilling, lastly I added a yellow wash. The doily was sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Clam Bake Beige, I added some torn strips of washi to the outside of the layout and mounted it onto black card stock.


I traced a circle and punched holes in it to do the sewing and the title was created using different font stickers. I added a brad to the stitched circle and then some flowers.


I added pearls to the centers of the flowers and a couple of the photos have run-ons on them.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I love your visits, they make my day.


xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Val! Really love the styling and your accents! Your mojo is definitely in full swing! Loving the journalling too....had a good giggle at that! Your doggie is certainly the roost ruler!!!! ;-)
    Our pets are certainly like our children and they hold such special places in our hearts! We want to kill them at the best of times....but soon enough they are on our laps and peacefully sleeping! I honestly believe in letting "sleeping dogs lie"!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is adorable, I thinks all Yorkies are the same. My ZuZu is a clown who drives us all crazy, even poor Bruno our English Bulldog.

    Soaking up your Paige :) I'm so happy for you. Time flies, which you know as a mom, my granddaughters are 10 and 12, but since they are so close in age to my 3 younger ones, for heaven sake my baby will be 10 in 2 wks he's just 3 months younger than my youngest granddaughter I feel like I didn't get to enjoy them because I was still caring for mine. I have to wait for daughter #2 :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Val....the layout and your dog! I had to chuckle at your journaling......so true for my dogs as well.....brilliant journaling.....I think you should write a book.......cause I would love to read it! I have this image of you chasing your dogs down the street and if you look anything like me when this happens.....well...what can i say LOL Forgot to say I love the black in this...really pops

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO at sharing is caring! Hahaha! I "heard" that whole proclamation in a bratty little pooch voice. How stinking adorable is she?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is beautiful and I LOVE your journalling, how lucky we are to share our lives with special animal family members!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have cracked this case brilliantly....Love all the little details and your journaling is wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is so adorable and thank you so much for sharing the journalling - it truly made me LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant, Val....awesome take on the CSI case! & gotta love your journaling - sounds like Karma is really in control of things...LOL. Enjoy your time with your babies :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Haven't been for a visit in a while and I have a lot to catch up on. This is a delightful page Val and I had a real giggle reading your journaling. Karma sounds just like my two fur babies. Can't help but love them can we?? This is a totally gorgeous page and I just love everything you've done here!! ox

    ReplyDelete