Pages

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

TRUST

Hello Everyone,

I am back with a challenge or two today...

I used the sketch from Creative Scrappers ... If you ever need inspiration you should take a look at their sketches they really are lovely to work with.

I chose to work with their latest sketch release.


 I am also linking my layout up with Challenge Yourself a fairly new blog that has started and they are challenging you to put yourself in front of the camera and scrap your story too. I love this idea and I was too late for the first one but I just made it by the skin of my teeth for the second one which is based on Ali Edwards - One little Word. If you don't know about this you can read all about it HERE.

So the challenge is
 
Challenge #2: One Little Word

Chose a word that you will focus on and reflect upon all through the year and create a layout that celebrates your chosen word.  

The word that kept coming up was TRUST... I have huge trust issues and I reckon it is time to resolve them so that is the word I have chosen to reflect on for 2014.

Here is my layout.


I used papers by Authentique - Lovely Collection which is so me.

The journalling around the layout says...

I will trust that I am where I am supposed to be, I will trust that I am doing what I am meant to be doing. I will trust my gut and stop second guessing everything that  I do. I will trust the fact there is a higher power and  that there is a plan for me. I will learn to trust others, and I will learn to be trustworthy. I will trust that trust is enough. Trust me.

My journalling on the back of the layout says.

I learned very early in life that often the people that we are meant to trust are the ones that hurt you the most and when you learn that at such an early age you learn that you can trust no-one and that makes the whole world an unsafe place. Little did I know that that would taint the way that I perceived life and all the people in it.
Now I am learning that trust is in fact something that I can chose to do and it is ok to do it even if I still get let down now and again. I have also learned that we are all just human and we will hurt one another, let one another down and disappoint one another. The alternative is to live with suspicion and to close yourself off to people and opportunities and thereby denying yourself an opportunity to learn and grow.
I have learned to forgive and move on and not allow myself to be defined by what happened to me. I will try and give life the benefit of the doubt and I will trust that whatever happens to me is to teach me some higher lesson, to be present in the moment and less attached to outcomes that often I have no control over.

Here are some close-ups.


I created an additional little banner and stamped a saying that would remind me to trust.


I used photos of me from by birthday this year and used a doily behind the photos to bring out the yellow in the papers.


I used a long title this time and the trust was painted red to match the papers.

 Thanks for stopping by to take a look :D


xox
Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. A beautiful LO Val! Love the colours and love the simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Val, this is marvelous!!
    Love your OLW and your journaling about it. Made me think that too: To trust myself more, without second thoughts.
    I always love see your creations, and now I'm so happy to find your blog - you've got a new reader my friend! <3
    *hugs!*
    Thank you for sharing this to us at Challenge YOUrself <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Val, for participating in and playing along at Challenge YOUr self! Your layout is absolutely stunning and I love your OLW, too! Your page reflects the beauty inside of you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your brilliant page Val & your wise journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this layout is lovely, not just for the design and papers and beautiful photos but for the feeling on it.. amazing journalling and I trust you have a wonderful year this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing layout and OLW! {I can totally relate to all of this TRUST stuff !!} Your story is very inspiring! Great use of the sketch and I love all your journalling and banners. So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely interpretation of the sketch Val. Love those banners and the gorgeous photo too!! Beautiful heartfelt journaling as well ... this page has it all!!! Stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Val this is another fabulous layout and words that apply to all of us as Trusting is very difficult thing especially if you have been let down before by someone you should be able to rely on.
    Anyway without making light of the subject you can trust me when I say this has been a trio of inspiring layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very beautiful page Val...and your journaling could have been mine. I have also struggled with trust and still build walls around me...but there is a little door in the wall where I allow those in who I feel I can trust. This colours are so you. I love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautifully motivational piece of art, Val. There is a difference in our ages, but we learned the same lessons growing up--we learned not to trust, then spent the rest of our lives trying to unlearn that lesson. With dedicating a whole year to the endeavor, I am sure that you will be successful! Thanks for sharing! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely layout! I love your journaling around the outside border. Great paper choices and colors. Your reasoning behind your olw has a great impact. Very nice! Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Val! This page is so beautiful, I love the papers, the banners and the title looks fab. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous page and your OLW with us at Challenge yourself. Hope to see you join in our next challenge, I promise you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about this layout!! Love your word and the color combo you used, and the journaling around the page is simpl fabulous!!!
    So glad you are playing along with us in this challenge at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GO you!!! So glad you joined in - it's a great idea for a chllenge site, isn't it? It's the reason I STILL miss 'Another Freaking Challenge'..cos it was about scrapping ourselves..which we do NOT do often enough. Lecture over..think I'm speaking to the converted anwyays...LOOOVe the pinks with the reds...quite striking & the banners....fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty page with those beautiful photos and the papers are divine. But from one journal junky to another, the words are always the cherry on the top for me. Thank you for sharing your word for the year and I know that when we set a goal to reach for the stars, we can touch them. Go well dear friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful page, love the banners details and great word too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing LO and your OLW is fabulous too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Challenge Yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful page, dear Val! I love the positivity it brings!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOve your interpretation of the sketch Val....Beautiful colours, love the little banners, the lovely photos of you and your journaling is wonderful...Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just perfect! I love the colors and the doilies, absolutely beautiful. Your journaling is always so meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not only your layout is so beautiful, but your journaling is heartfelt. It made me want to reach out and give you a big hug. I can relate what you wrote, and the lesson is still to be learnt.
    Love your beautiful soul xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW that layout looks amazing, a beautiful take on the sketch and oh so clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hit enter too quick.... love the story behind your layout and I think your words are true to everyone in different levels, you are amazing and strong! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful page Val! Love the colours and design here! Love the journalling too....certainly not always an easy thing! I am perhaps too trusting and have found myself burnt...but I am a softie...so trust I do again and believe everyone deserves another chance! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Val:
    Congratulations in your new granny possition. You are so lucy that you got to baby sit allready. Many blessings for you and the happy family.
    It is the first time I see your blog and I love it is so beautiful. Love this new layout of you. You work the sketch with a beautiful feminine turn. You look wonder over pink.

    I have been a bit disconnected because of my show. You can see one of my videos on www.youtube.com under CREATIVA Explosion Filmica
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrPTLUEI2GU&sns=em

    Take care of yourself and those beautiful babies.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Val! I love all the little details on your layout. Congrats on the feature over at Creative Scrappers and thanks for playing along with us for this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous page! Your journaling is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome page Val! Loved to read your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! This layout is gorgeous. It caught my eye on the Creative Scrappers link up and stopping by and seeing it - it is even more beautiful. I love the colors but especially love the banners you made instead of strips of paper. I am now following your blog. Would love for you to stop by and say hi.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com
    I saw you are friends with Terhi too! Love her work!!

    ReplyDelete