Pages

Saturday, 1 March 2014

BABY LOVE

Good morning everyone :)

It is a little cooler here in Jozi Town today, overcast too so we may get some rain. I have my first sleep over with my grandies tonight and I am so excited, I am not so sure that my dogs will feel the same way when they arrive. They were six weeks old yesterday and doing great according to their pediatrician, so that is good news.

So I have the new case file for you from CSI and if you don't know all about this by now you should definitely check it out HERE they really are a lot of fun.


I also wanted to to a layout for the Page Drafts 'Love is Everywhere' Challenge.



I used this sketch :) I really love working with Em's sketches.


AND... this is what I came up with.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - The colours are all there.
Evidence - Something sheer (the yellow flower), flowers, floral pattern (yellow banner).
Testimony - IW words - sleep, light, tranquility.

The quote on the front of the layout says:
A baby is Gods way of saying that the world should go on.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

I have never considered myself to be much of a baby or even a kiddie person and I always felt very awkward and clueless with my own babies, and truth be told I was a little nervous about the arrival of these two but it was completely unfounded I feel completely at ease with them and, this time I instinctively know what to do with and for them, and I love that I get to spend so much time with them. I can't believe how much they have already changed in the two weeks that they have been home.

I took these photos of them on the 21 Feb and they were just one month old and Spencer had just come home. It was overwhelming to see them bonding again after a  two week separation. I just love these photos just changed and fed and already Spence was fast asleep. Paige had just found her hands and I am not sure if she was more fascinated by them or by him, she was quite content to lie there with him sleeping against her and observe this new world around her.

SO...here's what I know for sure. Life will never be the same again for Clint and Lin, sleep as they knew it is a thing of the past for the next couple of years or so at least and, what sleep they do get with be light with one eye and ear open always.  They will face more challenges than they thought possible but they will do it together and the rewards from these two little beings will be incalculable. I am so excited to be a part of their lives and I can't wait to watch them grow up. We are truly blessed as a family :)

Here are some close ups.


I used some heavy duty watercolour paper for this one and I have to say I love working on it. :) I wet the paper and added some watercolour paint and then let it dry... minimal warping - I love it. I did some subtle stamping using a script and also a scratched stamp and my shimmery teal gelato.


I added some builders tape and also used the teal gelato on the LOVE title... gelatos are the best.


Added some more stamping using a Prima sewn circle stamp. The hearts were cut and embossed and I added the quote and pearls.


How precious are these two babies... so much love for them. I added the flowers and voila... page complete.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look. I appreciate your visits and I love to read your comments :)

Have a great weekend I am in for some Yummy times TWO overload.


xox
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Just beee-oo-tee-ful!!! Totally...can't believe they're 6 weeks already! The heart, embossed, is a LOVELY touch & I adore these colours...I think I saw a pink Paige page [!!] over at Scrap AFrica??? Just saying ,it's a STUNNER too....these babes are certainly bringing out the best of your scrapping, Val!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you scrapping baby pages! and a stunner one for sure. I love the colors, and the way you used them.
    I also love what you did with the watercolors and gelatos. I think if you put some gesso on the paper it will get less wrapped. at least that's what I do...
    Matting all the papers is so great and the embossed hearts are gorgeous! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val I am totally not a "baby person' , but it is hard not to be moved by these lovely photos of your Grandchildren. Your layout has truly done them justice and is the first of many I am sure. Lovely soft colours and subtle embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so darn beautiful, love love love xooox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love these photos so much and you scrapped them so beautifully using the sketch as your basis! You ROCKED this challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just amazing! I love Page Drafts sketches and you rocked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this!!! So soft, and perfect colours to compliment the eautiful pics. Enjoy your Nanna time it's the best time of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to this two wonderful cuties <3.
    The page is really beautiful, the photos are so sweet and the colors are perfect. Love this! The journalling is very heartful.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft and tenderly beautiful and great use of Em's sketch…love the heart and the Prima stamp work. Ah yes Val, I understand exactly what you mean. These two precious morsels are perfect and so lucky to be welcomed into a home and extended family where they will be love unconditionally. I think now that we are Grannies, we do better because we know better. When we had our own, we were often weighed down by making ends meet, and finding our own way in the world. Enjoy every precious moment; it's such a joyous time :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous:) I love it and the layers are just awesome. Being a grandma is all the joy, none of the stress. It is a wonderful blessing. You are a super grandma and mama and mom-in-law to do a sleep over :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful. What a great photo, you are going to have the most amazing photo's to scrap with this little pair. Your love comes shining through. Love the watercolour effect, gives a lovely soft feeling. The pearl flourish and the embossed heart looks great. Heartful journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous layout with your beautiful photo and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a precious and beautiful page and you did a great job with the sketch, as well as the colouring! Lovely photo too! Love the sentiment too....and it's such a lovely saying with so much hope and expectation...Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the sweetest page ... such precious photos and such gorgeous colour!! Your love for these adorable babies certainly shines through on this page Val!!! So, so beautiful!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. So precious, beautiful and stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and so so soft...I teared up imagining how it must have felt for Spence to finally be back next to his sister. Gorgeous work, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  17. chiming in with everyone else, what an adorable photo and such a precious layout! just love love love it and its colours. Wonderful take on Em's sketch too! xoxox

    ReplyDelete