Pages

Wednesday, 12 March 2014

BIRTHDAY LUNCH

Hello Again :)

I am back with my layout for Round Four of the Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014.

Layout: 
Double Page Layout 

Size Layout:
2 pages of 30.4 x 30.4 cm (12 x 12 inch) 

Photos:
Eight or more 
NO duplicate photo's 

Theme:
Free

Colour:
Free

YOU MUST MAKE:
Hidden elements on your pages. Minimum of three.
 The hidden part of the elements should not be visible at first sight! It needs opening before we can see the hidden inside. 
Size of the elements is free.
Placement of the elements on the pages is free.
Type of elements is free. The three hidden elements may be of the same type, but you can also use 2, 3 or more different elements. Your choice.
Think of flaps that can open, elements that can turn, secret elements that you have to pull out of their hiding place. 
 It is OK if a pulling mechanism is visible. Such as a piece of paper, a fiber or ribbon, a brad used for turning a wheel.

NOT TO BE USED:
All kinds of ink (including spray ink and misting ink).
NO paint of any sort. 
NO stamps.
NO gesso.
NO chalk. 

Materials/Embellishments:
Free

Enter your project:
Add a photo of your layout pages with the secrets hidden. 
 Add a detailed photo of each hidden element when it is opened.
Add a minimum of 4 photos!
Enter your photo's in your thread before the deadline: Sunday, March 16, 21.00 CET.
Please add a link to your blog. We love reading it.

 TIP:
If you enter early we have the chance to look at it before the deadline and check if you meet all the requirements and there would be time to change things if necessary.

So without further ado here is my layout.


I have several quotes on my layout that refer to family, all of which are rub-ons.

My journalling on the inside of the right flap says:

There is nothing I love more than spending time with my Family. This year for my birthday I was thoroughly spoilt by them. Wonderful thoughtful gifts... a lovely lunch at my favourite place to eat... all of us together... perfect weather. I could not have asked for more. I feel truly blessed to have you all as my family and I love you.

Here are some close ups.


I created two flaps of black on either side but only the one on the right hand side opens. On the left hand side I made a little card like book with my photo on the front and the flowers and banners and I chose to keep it closed by tying it up with twine.


When you open it up there is photos of all my gifts, wrapped up and another one of them all unwrapped so that I can remember what I got. I made a list on the left hand side of the card with who gave me what. SO spoilt was I. :)


So this whole black panel on the right hand side opens out. This one is held closed by the little flair button up at the top.


Underneath I have used a couple of photos of us all with drinks and also one of the starters. I have done my journalling in white on the black cardstock.


My third hidden element is a little tag hidden above the word birthday. I have pulled it up a little for this photo so that you can find it - in the main photo it just blends in with the punched border.


This pulls out and shows a photo of the flowers that I got too. A beautiful Oriental Day Lily.


Here is a close up of the punched border that goes across the layout on either side of the gingham paper, and also the quote which is a rub on. The butterfly was punched with my Martha Stewart punch. The title is stickers.


On this side of the layout I created a little banner that is strung onto bakers twine and I also included the numbers for my age on here. The banner is partly hidden by the black flap when it is closed.

I had so much fun creating this layout and not being allowed to use all of my favourite things like inks, mists, paint and stamps was not as hard as I thought it would be and I kind of like the very clean look of this layout.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I really appreciate the time you take to visit and the messages that you leave.:)


xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. totally amazing layout- I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous double pager! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fingers crossed :* Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, REALLY like the 'clean' look of this page - you actually do this style fabulously well...do you think it is your 'natural' style??? I'm thinking it might be & you ROCK multi photos as well.....good luck with this one:):))

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Val this is outstanding, and I am so loving the earthy tones and just the way you have done the entire layout ... stunning, fabulous work , love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! What a gorgeous page. Love the colors and all your added touches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Val I love it :) How beautiful your pages came. Tough rules, no paint, stamps, most, yeesh real tough! You do beautiful work even under strict guidelines <3

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this. More the way I can scrap without paint etc. I really love this and maybe will try making something similar if you don't mind. I absolutely think this is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Valerie...you really nailed this challenge and your page is beyond gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strict rules for this challenge but you have made a stunning page that i am sure you will look at again and again.love that panel that opens up . Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work! Thank you for joining Scrap 365 sketch challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am gobsmacked!! This is stunning!!! Love the clean lines and love the colours. You really nailed this challenge Val. Absolutely in love with this one!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I absolutely love doubles and this is the most sensational double I think I have ever seen! Sensationally Stunning. Looove it Val.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a big fan of doubles too, especially for an event like yours. Love the multiple photos and all the details with a crisp, clean finish. It's clear that your family mean the world to you….beautiful tribute to them :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Val this is out of this world stunning!!! I love the neutral colours and all those fantastic photos. All the very best luck for the competition!!!

    ReplyDelete