Pages

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

FLY

Hello Everyone,

I was so busy with babies this weekend that I totally forgot to post the new challenge that is up at  Scrap Africa.

This challenge was inspired by this photo,


and it is to use 'stars and stitching' on your project. You have two weeks to play so why not go and take a look and play along with us.

I used this sketch by Laura Whitaker for  Let's Get Sketchy March week two challenge - this is a new challenge site that I found and I love their sketches - so if you are ever in need of a sketch you should totally check it out.


Here is my layout.


The quote on the front of the layout says:
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
Spencer, you are just the sweetest little baby, perfect in every way and I wonder what life has in store for you. It will often not be easy and there are hard lessons to be learned, but there will also be incredible highs and great joys. I just want you to know that I will always be there for you, to help you and to guide you, to love you and to support you and to pick you up every time you fall, and to cheer you on every time you succeed. Never be afraid to aim high, never sell yourself short and never settle for second best, because you are worth it. I love you to the moon and back too.

Here are some close ups.


I used white on white (although you would never say so in this photo) gesso for the stars and while they were still wet I sprinkled on some clear glitter so they would twinkle like real stars :) I also added some bling.


I added the quote to the photo mat and also a little watercolour from under the mat and on top of the washi banner. I traced a circle and stitched it in black and added the title to the inside of the circle.


The hearts were all cut with my nestabilities and then embossed with a cuttlebug folder, I also decided to add some doodled splats just because it is a boys page and I can :)

I loved this page and it is full of symbolism for me. The stars and the quote, the circles being the circles of life and the hearts because I never believed it was possible to love another child this way. It really is magical to be a grandmother :) I can highly recommend it and this does not come lightly from me. Those that know me will vouch for that :)

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and know that I love and appreciate every single comment that you care to leave.


xox
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love those white on white stars, I must try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of elements you have used to add both detail and dimension to the clean layout. Just a precious photo, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is beautiful Val. I share your sentiment about love for a grandchild. It is really as if you have to come to grips that pieces of your heart is now living and breathing and moving around. I have six grandchildren, each of them unique and I have found that love does not get divided between them....it is multiplied with each new precious life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and sweet LO, I love the stars :) Thank you for polaying along with our challenge at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A magical moment captured and recorded. The colours and white stars are perfect with the soft colours of the photo. I share your thoughts on grand parenting. It is the best gig in town, for it comes with unconditional love to give and receive. Your journalling is superb...love this Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful page for your precious photo, Val! Love the colors, stars, and splats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is just perfect in every way Val! The photo is so special...the joy and love on your face...I agree being a Nanna is so special! Love the stars and splats...you did this sketch beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layout - absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout Val! Such a sweet photo! Love all the stars and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Val!! Gorgeous photo beautifully showcased. Love the colour, lover the texture and, as always, love the journaling!! Heavenly!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes!!!! Stunning....subtle yet stunning....how clever are you??!!!!! Loooove the stitching, & your splats!!!!!! And that quote......& the sparkling stars ....simply perfect. Do you get the idea I like this one???!!!! LOL:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such perfect page! Love the spray of textured stars, your stitched circles & doodled splats!....and of course, your beautiful journaling....just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page love the added texture, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that photo of you...I see nothing less than pure bliss on your face! Seriously special photo. And of course the layout is fantastic...especially love how you've outlined your splats. Might have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layout, I love your gesso stars! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet sweet page and LOVE your colors and splats!!!! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the texture on this gorgeous page! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the white stars they are so eye catching . Also love your journalling def from the heart.
    A really lovely layout , love the expression on your face

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your simple colours scheme here & the galaxy of stars :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your top page - so colorful. Came here from the LGS link up because your layout caught my eye. LOVE what you did with the sketch. WOW!! The splatters and the stars are amazing. And the colors - LOVE!!!! pinning for inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete