Pages

Monday, 3 March 2014

LIVE OUT LOUD

Hello Everyone
I have another layout for you today :) This time it is my DT layout for Once Upon a Sketch, a wonderful site that provides you with a sketch and a theme each month. If you haven't played along before why not hop on over and take a look. As well as the sketch there is always amazing inspiration from the DT. You can find the blog HERE.

Here is this months' sketch.
I am also adding this layout to the SWAT Drill #27 challenge - you can find the details  HERE

This is the inspiration for your journalling.

AND... here is my layout. This layout was inspired by Kasia over at Pop and Colours. I loved her technique and I am so happy with the way this one turned out.


Live out loud... that is my motto, I was not born to blend it I was born to stand out!

My journalling around the layout says:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather to slide across the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil and screaming.... WOW...WHAT A RIDE!
Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
You only have one life so live it full and live it wisely.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
This is the only life that we get, no re-runs, no do-overs and no scripts. This is it! I want to go to my grave with NO regrets. I have made lots mistakes and made some poor choices, I have hurt people and I have been hurt. I have let people down and I have been let down. I have not let it close me off to the possibility that out there is more to be experienced and more to be learned. I am trying to let all my experiences good and bad teach me to be a better person and to leave this world a little better than I found it. I have learned that there is a power higher than us and that sometimes I just need to trust that power. To trust that I am exactly where I am supposed to be doing exactly what I need to be doing. I need to trust my instincts that I will make the right choices and if I don't that it was meant to be and it is to help me learn and grow.  I will not get a second chance to do this life so I better do it right this time.
Here are some close ups

I added some cut up squares of dictionary paper randomly to the background page and then covered it with gesso. I then added some squares drawn lightly with pencil to create a grid design.

The blocks were then coloured with gelatos, mixed with my finger and then blended with a very wet paintbrush. Once I was happy with the look I drew in lines with a black pen. I added some chinese script stamping and also some square sewn stamped images.


I also added some splashes of black paint. Once I was happy with my background I created a photo mat using canvas, dictionary paper and a couple of punched edges. I added a tag and a little banner and then the flowers.


I lightly gessoed the flowers, to create a more cohesive look.

I loved creating this layout - the textures and the colours came out just the way I wanted.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I love to read the comments you leave too, they make me very happy :D

xox
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh I love this one Val! Beautiful colors and that design, fabulous <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it looks mighty fine too.. love the happy vibrant colors and love the patch work squares too.. love your journalling, you always put so much thought into what you write for each layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Val and love how you designed this! It came out beautifully and the colouring is bright and fresh, to go along with this super design and theme! Love your journalling as always...and had to giggle at this "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather to slide across the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil and screaming.... WOW...WHAT A RIDE!" - this is exactly what I believe too! Oh man....and what a journey it has been thus far!!!! LOL.... Love your sentiment and outlook....you are a wise lady yet...who will have lots of stories to tell the babba's!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunner. Love the gorgeous colours and the design is brilliant!!! Your background work is totally fantastic and I always love your journaling!! Magical!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a powerful and beautiful layout!!! I am pinning it for inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! Love the colors and the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, love this layout and love your journaling. Truly, your words as well as your work are inspiring.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just ADORE this one...the gelato, inking & squares of paper look totally BRILL:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often comment upon your art. I often comment upon your journaling. But, I don't often comment upon the photography of your work. Today, I am compelled to do so. It is magnificent. Especially your close-up shots. Not an easy task, Val, but one you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Beautiful colors and design! Love your awesome background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journaling tells me that you are right on track to that slide towards home base...you have LIVED. I love all of the detail work here...you are rocking the gelatos!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the gelato-tinted squares! beeeautifully fresh and vibrant! and your journalling, you certainly have found the meaning of life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your work with us at SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fresh and fun page Val...good to see you getting into those gelatos...the quote is one of my all times favourites - you go girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the blocks of color! Thanks for linking up with SWAT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic. I love the squares you created and the gorgeous use of color. Thanks for linking up to S.W.A.T.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just speechless!! This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely Stunning!! Such a beautiful LO,Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete