Pages

Friday, 7 March 2014

LOVE

Hello Everyone

Well it is still raining here in Johannesburg and it has done for the last five or so days. I think I have grown web toes :( 
However, even the rain can't dampen my spirits today because I am off to Emperors Palace with the girls to stay overnight and do classes with Tim Holtz and Paula Cheney tomorrow, and I can't wait. This is the third class that I have done with him and I just love his work and his products. Watch this space :)

Today I have my Black with 2  DT layout for you and to also let you know they have a DT call :) 



Are you a team player?
Do you like playing with colour on BLACK cardstock?
Can you commit to creating ONE layout per month?
Do you have an active facebook page and blog?

I you said yes to all of these then we want to hear from you, BW2 is looking for enthusiastic, friendly, creative, scrapbookers to join their team . Once a month you will need to submit ONE layout (that's it just 1), be active in our facebook private chat group, and promote us on your FB page and blog . This call is open to everyone Australian and International so if you think you fit this criteria we want to see three or more pieces of your recent work including a layout on a black background so we can see how well you work with black .
Send your work to blackwith2@hotmail.com 
call closes April 1st.

DT term is a 4 month term starting May 1st - Sept 30

Here is this months challenge.


Please NOTE that if you want to play along you have to fill ALL of the above criteria which also means the JOURNALLING and this month it is to use the word SUNSHINE in your journalling.

Here is my layout.


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees - just because I could.

I love the citrus colours of this months case file and I love the way it pops on the black. My DH was so delighted with this layout that he framed it and has it in his office at work. How sweet is that? I think he may be a bit besotted by them too ;)

I have journalled little sayings about sunshine all around the edge of the layout.

These say:
You make me happy when skies are grey... Sunshine and Angels - Paige and Spencer.
My little rays of sunshine... Sunshine on a cloudy day... Everyone deserves a little sunshine... Rays of hope...
Where ever you go no matter what the weather always bring your own sunshine.

My journalling on the back says:
You two have brightened up our lives more than you can ever imagine, seeing the two of you together again after a two week separation was magical. Spence fast asleep and snuggled right into Paige. Paige awake and looking around and fascinated by her other half lying so close again. I can't even begin to describe the amount of love that I have for you two. You have shown me the wonder of discovering your surroundings and seeing everything for the first time and it has made me realise just how jaded we become over time. The way you two snuggle into me when I hold you fills me with a fierce need to protect you always. Even in the six and half weeks that you have been here I have loved watching you slowly awaken, taking in your new surroundings, I see your little personalities developing day by day and I don't want to miss a thing. I will love you always and forever.

Here are some close ups.


First of all I drew in some pencil line circles using a plate and then I went over them using a lemon and a lime gel pen. The top image is a stamp I have and underneath I punched a little border then added a flower.


I matted my photo and used two punched strips down the side of it. I added the flowers, the little flair button and then I found two hearts in my stash (one for each of them) and I painted them yellow and green and stitched around the edges with a black pen. I added some word brads that I also had in my stash that were the right colours.

This layout came together so easily.

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving your comments I love to read them they make my day.


xox
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing...to create a 'baby' page using back as a bg...pretty clever cookie, Val.....& enjoy TIM H...I've never seen him in RL... but his videos are great.....I'm sure you'll LOOOOOVE it all:):)Enjoy...even if you do miss your babes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who could guess that black would be a perfect color for a baby (or, rather GRANDbabies) layout?! I love it, Val! I have taken a class with Dyan but not Tim...not YET, anyway! One day, will! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very clever Val!! You've used black on a baby page and made it look perfect for them!! Love the contrast of the lime and yellow and of course your journaling is just delightful!! Absolutely gorgeous and adorable page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Val! I love the contrast of colors on the black... Your LO is so simple but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - Babes in black! Who knew that could look so good....you did obviously...brilliant choices for this stunning page. Your journalling is always a delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, absolutely stunning! Great composition and strong yet delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...so beautiful! Love the design and love the emphasis placed on the photo by the circle! Love the colouring

    ReplyDelete