Pages

Thursday, 13 March 2014

LUCKY ME

Hello Everyone,
I have got a layout for not one but two challenges. I always admire people who can do one layout for three or even four challenges, because I can just manage two or maybe even three :)
I loved the challenge over at Berry71bleu because it is all about the Luck of the Irish :) and everyone knows I love Irish anything :)
Here is her mood board.
(Main colour - green and add some lace).

I also needed a sketch and I found this one over at Scrap365 they have such cool sketch challenges.



AND.... I am also linking this up to Lasting Memories for their Shades of green challenge :)
This is what I came up with.


OK so I rotated it and moved it just off center because it just felt better for me.

On the front the quotes say:
Enjoy the journey.
The journey awakens the soul.

On the back of the layout my journalling says:

I loved Ireland the first time I went over more than ten years ago to visit my brother and his family who had just moved there from Zimbabwe, and I still love it now,  ten years down the line. I try and go over every year to visit them and I have spent anything from 3 - 8 weeks at a time there. I have traveled north, south, east and west, and there are not many places I haven't been yet.
It is not called the Emerald Isle for nothing. I don't think that I have ever been there when it has not been raining, for all or at least part of the time that I am there :)
On my last visit we took a drive and ended up at Inostige, a place I love and which looked absolutely perfect. The sun had come out and the grass was green and lush and there were people everywhere enjoying the sunshine. Dogs were running up and down the river and kids were playing games. 
The park was full of beautiful summer flowers and the sweet peas were just glorious and I spent an hour or so there taking photos of all sorts of things just because they made me happy, this was one of them, looking up the river through one of the arches of the bridge. After wards we went to a little cafe and had tea and cake...a perfect end to a perfect day and I reckon I got some pretty perfect photos.
Lucky Me :)

Here are some close ups.


I started off laying down some strips of paper (in the colours used here), I then covered it with a layer of gesso and left it to dry. Once dry I used my gelatos and water to get the watercolour effect. I layered my papers behind my photos and stuck it all down. I used some green lacy trim and added a paper clip.


I drew in lines to create a box because I left off the big paper mat from the sketch and I added a fabric brad.


 I stamped another quote here and I also did some random stamping around the layout and added flowers at the bottom too.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and thank you for the comments that you leave. I love to read them and I appreciate the time it takes to leave them.

xox
Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Hi Val you are indeed lucky to be so well travelled.Love all the layers and the stamping of the quotes and of course the little bingo card

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous page!! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is we who are lucky to be in the position to be inspired by your art, Val! Perfect colors and quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Val, you have totally rocked this. Love all those yummy layers. Great details too. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutley love that you twisted those 2 challenges together! fabolous work!
    thanks for playing along with us at Scrap 365 and berry71bleu!
    hugs xxx
    SandraP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty Val!! Fabulous background and great layers!! You rocked that sketch!! Stunning page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee whizz.....your are on a roll! How appropriate using the greens for your Irish visits....& lucky you, too.... Loving your MM bg:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val this is totally AWESOME! What an absolutely stunning LO this is, loving everything you've done here. Amazing work x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cool Val! Love the greens you used - this layout is absolutely perfect - and I have to Pin it for my inspiration board :)
    Glad you joined us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and fresh page Val! Love all the layering, the flower clusters and stamping! You are certainly a lucky girl to get to visit Ireland often....and it certainly is such a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous page Val! I love all the layering & that beautiful picture. How lucky that you've had the opportunity to visit Ireland. I can only dream of one day visiting this country--it's on my bucket list! Excellent take on the challenge & thanks for sharing your talent with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Val!! Next time you visit we have to try to meet up! Gorgeous layout, love all your layers and details! Thanks for playing with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my dream is to visit Ireland one day !!! Val this is fabulous Love the colors, great take on a sketch :)
    Thank you for playing with us at Scrap365 XX <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful page Val; it is so fresh and bright and the photo draws me in. It brings back happy memories of travelling in Ireland and staying in B&B's with the most hospitable people in the world. They treated us like family, taking us fishing, to dances and whatever else they were doing. As for the breakfasts!!! And the Soda Bread!! LOVE this page :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the layers you have created and that you have used so many rectangular shapes - it created wonderful harmony. Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this sketch too! Such a beautiful page. I love those fresh, green colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous layout Val! Lovin all the green and the watercolor effect. So happy you joined us at lasting memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layout Val....love the photo, the layers and colours.... LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Fancy that we have both scrapped the same bridge in this gorgeous little town at the same time!! That's just incredible! I love your close up shots of the arch (I dídn't get to do that).... and your subtle misting & stamping looks superb. Brilliant layout...makes me want to be back there :))))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Val, I love your LO and all the embellies!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful - love the shades of green and your lovely paintwork & stamping in the background. Lucky you having been to Ireland - it's one of the places on my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous work and wonderful refreshing colors of green! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is one very cool layout. Congrats on your win at S365. The layering up is great here!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning, stunning page! Love the touches of different media and the wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous page!!Thank you from Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Meant to add my thanks for you having played along with our challenge at Berry71Bleu! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete