Pages

Monday, 10 March 2014

MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO

Hello Everyone :)

I have another layout for you today, this one is for a challenge over at Let's Scrap hosted by Cathy van de Bruinhorst and here is her criteria for the challenge...

'Ok.. my turn!!! I have been looking through all the layouts lately and there is a lot of great work out there in our gallery and everywhere on the internet but the one's that catch my attention the most are the 'funny' photo layouts.... soooooo... here's the dill pickle!

I want you to create either a single or double page layout using 'funny' photos!! You know.. the goofy photos, the photos that didn't turn out just the way you wanted, the pic that catches either you or someone else in a bad light (you know the one that you swore you would delete and would never get printed!!), some one making a funny face.... you get the idea.... funny photos!!!'

FUN HUH?

If you would like to play along you can get all the details and see all the inspiration HERE.

Here is the sketch that I used.


I flipped it over :) One day I may use a sketch just the way it is but today is not that day:)

Here is my layout.


The journalling on the front of the layout says: 
'and they are worried about who let the dogs out, funny that'

On the back of the layout it says:

I am not sure who started all this but I suspect it was Timothy and Papa Si and then it just went downhill from there. It is one of the things that I really love about my family and also about being friends with the Wasps, no-one really takes themselves very seriously, and everyone is willing to play the fool, with the exception of John Wasp who was clearly a buzz kill here, so Timmy pulled his ears out for him too... One minute we were sitting at the table having a perfectly civilized meal for my birthday and the next thing I knew there monkey faces all around and everyone was laughing till they cried. I am so glad that I am a scrapbooker and that wherever I go my camera goes too... How funny are all those faces...

Here are some closeups.


I created a little mat of strips that I dry embossed using my Cuttlebug for the title. I used one of my MS punches to create that border.



I also used my Silhouette machine to make the little paper pieced monkey ... it is the first time I have used it for something like this. Was so fiddly but quite a lot of fun. I also added some flowers for fun too.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look... 

The new challenge is up for the Supreme Scrap Tournament so I am going to get started on that... This one is nice for me. In my comfort zone :)



xox
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. hehehe fab layout Val, so much fun and I love the colour combo :o) ps did you get them all to pose or have you been saving those gorgeous mug shots for just the right opportunity?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how FIDDLY that monkey would have been...afraid I'm staying away from that - but it does look FABULOUS....wish you were closer, you could take me through it!!! GREAT double...such fun, for certain. Love the sepia tones, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humorously delightful, Val!! Cathy was right...this brought an immediate smile to my face. I love seeing kids at play, but we see that a lot. What I really love is seeing ADULTS at place. We certainly don't do it often enough! It must do wonders for our blood pressures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun double!!! Those faces are so kooky. The double is a great way to display them all. Love the monkey; you are so clever :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun page...I love the photo's, the colouring and punched edges! I also love fun pages and must really do more of these! Beautiful work as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab double page Val!! Had a good giggle at the photos ... looks like you guys had a hoot!! Love your take on the sketch. Beautiful work!! ox

    ReplyDelete