Pages

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

PAIGE

Hello Everyone,
I didn't get around to posting yesterday :( Time is just going by so fast.
Anyway, today I have my DT layout for Scrap Africa Sketch # 27 Challenge, and the other DT members have come up with some beautiful inspiration for you.
This was the sketch we got to work with.

I changed it around a little by making both elements equal rather than the top one bigger than the bottom one.

Here is my layout.
This layout was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest and completely fell in love with. You can see it HERE.
 I loved the softness of it and as I have been having such fun playing with gelatos I thought I would give it a try... I kept the heart and the butterfly elements because of the topic of my layout and that is about where it ends but to me the feel is the same and I am very happy about that.
My journalling on the back of the layout says.
Paige came into this world on 21 January 2014 at 12:40 at just over 33 weeks weighing 2.18 kgs and 44 cms long. She is such a little fighter, and after only two weeks in ICU and High Care declared it was time to come home. :)
I can't even begin to describe the range of emotions when it comes to seeing your grandchildren. It is completely different to seeing your own children and it was absolutely love at first sight. I am so lucky that I am able to be so involved in her life and I love nothing better than the time I get to spend with her. She is such a little character already and I can already see her little personality developing.
Nothing gives me greater joy than hearing her little sighs of contentment when I pick her up for a cuddle.
Here are some things that I would like her to know and to remember as she grows up.
I hope that you grow up with a strong sense of family, loyalty and love.
Blood is thicker than water and you will always have family.
No-one else can make you happy until you are happy with yourself.
You will make mistakes, it's ok learn from them, they are important.
Always tell yourself "I am enough", don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
Choose your friends wisely, they will help shape your thoughts and define who you are.
ALWAYS find humour in everything. It will get you through most things if you can laugh at yourself.
Above all I hope that you will always know how much you are loved.
I love you to the moon and back.
Granma
Here are some close ups.

I used some torn washi tape up the side of the layout and some across too. I used my gelatos to create a little water colour effect and did some stamping and doodling (the heart - pathetic I know:)) I added some gelatos to the butterfly and the heart. I also added some stamps and some fabric tape to and of course the precious photos of Paigie sleeping.

I loved the half heart with the butterfly I saw on the other layout and used that, stamped the saying across the bottom of the layout and used more washi tape here. 


I took the washi up above the photos and used some gelatos for the watercolour here too.
I didn't add too much else to this layout I love the softness created by the stamping and the soft colours. I did sprinkle a few gems around for sparkle...

This layout in above Paige's cot in her bedroom. I am still working on Spencers.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :)

xox
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I wish you were my Granma...or at least I wish I knew you when I was younger...just to take in your advice and love and wisdom that you portray on each and every page of yours!!!! Paige and Spencer are the two luckiest Babies having you as their Gran!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! Lovely design and photos! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful layout, Val! I love those newborn photos. The colors you have chosen are soft and warming and just perfect for cradling the photos. You advice to Paige is sage, touched by humor and sparked by reality. Well done, my friend, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout Val.... !! The pics of her are incredible, I love all the 'goodies' you have on the layout and the colors are so soft and perfect for a baby layout... Incredible!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page and great journaling. Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable, Val...as is little Paige <3 Absolutely love your journaling (as always)...such a great way to leave you thoughts for her to always have and cherish from her granma. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet little Paige <3 Looks so calm and happy there :) Love this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is adorable, love how you have interpreted the sketch.. the photos melt my heart.. really beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! YES! This is the one.....I soooo loooove & adore it! it's just a wonderful, soft, baby girl -a-licious page. Adorable:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS layout!!! love how you used the sketch and such sweet pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so sweet! I love the soft pink washi and embellies. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaawww!!! You have used such precious photos here Val ... she is more than adorable!! Love the page you've created around her .. absolutely perfect!! The soft sweet colour, the design, the background work, everything is simply gorgeous!! Well done Granma!!!!! Love it to bits!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a soft and tender Paige/page from a doting Granny. I hear the joy and wonder in your voice and the fierce desire to protect. Beautiful page and beautifully journaled. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soft and delicate yet grungy and strong together! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow! Val this is SO lovely - the beautifully soft watercolours with your doodling and stamping, it's just gorgeous, perfect page for a perfect Paige! Wonderful stuff :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love the softness of your page and the beautiful styling, stamping and details! It is so special and it is so easily seen with how much love this page is created! A definite favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete