Pages

Friday, 28 March 2014

THIS IS ME

Hello Everyone

In my last post I gave you the run down on the Supreme Scrap Tournament grand finale, and posted a photo of all the re-cycle stuff I had collected plus the papers that I wanted to use.

Here are the Step Two Instructions.

Layout size: 
Two pages of 30,4cm x 30,4 cm

Theme: 
This is me!

Number of photo’s: 
Minimum of 4 differents photos in total

You must use:
* Title: This is me!
* All the objects that you choose in step 1 must be used on the project, no other embellishments are allowed!

* All the sheets that you choose in step 1 must be used on the project, no other paper is allowed!
(at least half of each sheet you choose needs to be used by you!)

You may use:
* White gesso only, as long (part of) the objects and paper are visible
* All techniques that you like (but no ink and paints and so on!)
* Selfmade embellishments made out of your objects and/or papers
* A pen or marker for a journaling (max 20 words) - you don't have to do a journaling!
* glue, 3d tape, glue dots

You can not use:
* No other embellishments then the ones you choose in step 1
* No other papers then the ones you choose in step 1
* No ink, paint and so on
* No stickers, thickers, rub-ons
* No glitter glue and so on

Didn't see that one coming... but I did it and here is my finished layout.


Here is a refresher of all the stuff I collected.


Here I have shown where I used it all.


There is a quote on the front of the layout just under the butterfly that says:
It is a happy talent to know how to play. Ralf Waldo Emmerson

I have more journalling on the back that says:
This challenge has been such an amazing ride for me. It has made me realise that if you don't overthink things you can create a layout with just about anything. It has taught me that I am more versatile than I think and that not every layout has to have ink, paint, stencils, mixed media, ribbon or whatever it is that you think is your style. This layout is something completely different for me and I just decided I was going to have fun and I did. I am so proud of myself for making it this far and whatever happens next for me is the cherry on the top. This is me.

Here are some closeups.


I created loads of layers using all the papers.. Photo mats, tags, arrows and I even die cut leaves and pediments.


I mixed some of the paint with gesso and used my butterfly stencil and I created a textured mat with just the paint.


I cut the title with my Silhouette machine and the flowers were die cut using a die and layered up. I used some of the twine tied in a knot and pulled through the flower to create a centre and a stem.


I tucked the feather in and added triangle arrows on top.


The serviette was laid on top of some of the tape and glued down... I used a button for its body. A bit of wing was cut off and used on a tag on the other side of the layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look. Hold thumbs for me and I will see you soon.

xox

24 comments:

  1. Hello Val. I have to tell you, this is an amazing page. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Val!!! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous and I admire how you nailed this final challenge! Love your design...stunning girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Val you have done an amazing job on this & the whole competition. I've so enjoyed following your journey through this. You are an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there Val! thanks for your lovely comment over at my blog <3!! Love your re-cycle goodies! and great use of them too! good luck on the final round!! hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a challenge!! But you've totally rocked it, Val....love what you've done with all your bits of recycled goodies, and your photos of yourself are totally gorgeous!! Best of luck for the final...you would have my vote if I could!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful page, made out of....practically nothing, made with things you have lying about. Great! You clever girl! That was a challenge and a half! But you had fun doing it and learnt something too. Well done i say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Val!! This is so beautifully done, you are awesome!! Your photos are gorgeous and you've used all your collected goodies to perfection. You totally rocked this girl!!!! Best of luck for the finals ... you would certainly have my vote. ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I`m impressed. Nice work. Love your flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are gorgeous and so is this layout, Good Luck and I hope you win xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this page, everything is wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love. Holding thumbs. This layout deserves to win

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Val...this is a stunning double pager....you look soooo glamorous and the layout is perfect for the photos. So you should be proud of yourself...you rocked this challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome page. I knew you were going to nail this challenge and that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know me, Val--stunning is not a word I use very often, tending to reserve it for an exceptional piece of art. Wait for it...here it comes....this is absolutely STUNNING! This is a definite first place pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally ticked all the boxes & done a corker of a job at doing so ......sooo creative! LOOVE it...good luck:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that´s a really hard challenge! But you did it gorgeous! I rally love this page, your selfmade flowers and the wonderful photos of you.
    And I must tell you, you are a very, very beautiful and sympathetic woman <3
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look gorgeous and so does the layout! Spectacular work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Val, first off you collection of pics are fabulous, you ARE beautiful. I love you piece, it's just phenomenal! What an awesome submission, love how you worked with all the constraints they gave. I'm anxious to hear what happens <3 My fingers are crossed for you!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done on getting to the final. This is a super super layout and the pictures of you are so beautiful. So hope you win

    ReplyDelete
  21. This page is just a Val delight! Love everything about it, the style, the design,the photo's...everything! You nailed this one and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE IT! So stunning and so clever with the things you had to use. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete