In my last post I gave you the run down on the Supreme Scrap Tournament grand finale, and posted a photo of all the re-cycle stuff I had collected plus the papers that I wanted to use.
Here are the Step Two Instructions.
Two pages of 30,4cm x 30,4 cm
This is me!
Number of photo’s:
Minimum of 4 differents photos in total
You must use:
* Title: This is me!
* All the objects that you choose in step 1 must be used on the project, no other embellishments are allowed!
* All the sheets that you choose in step 1 must be used on the project, no other paper is allowed!
(at least half of each sheet you choose needs to be used by you!)
You may use:
* White gesso only, as long (part of) the objects and paper are visible
* All techniques that you like (but no ink and paints and so on!)
* Selfmade embellishments made out of your objects and/or papers
* A pen or marker for a journaling (max 20 words) - you don't have to do a journaling!
* glue, 3d tape, glue dots
You can not use:
* No other embellishments then the ones you choose in step 1
* No other papers then the ones you choose in step 1
* No ink, paint and so on
* No stickers, thickers, rub-ons
* No glitter glue and so on
Didn't see that one coming... but I did it and here is my finished layout.
Here is a refresher of all the stuff I collected.
Here I have shown where I used it all.
There is a quote on the front of the layout just under the butterfly that says:
It is a happy talent to know how to play. Ralf Waldo Emmerson
I have more journalling on the back that says:
This challenge has been such an amazing ride for me. It has made me realise that if you don't overthink things you can create a layout with just about anything. It has taught me that I am more versatile than I think and that not every layout has to have ink, paint, stencils, mixed media, ribbon or whatever it is that you think is your style. This layout is something completely different for me and I just decided I was going to have fun and I did. I am so proud of myself for making it this far and whatever happens next for me is the cherry on the top. This is me.
Here are some closeups.
I created loads of layers using all the papers.. Photo mats, tags, arrows and I even die cut leaves and pediments.
I mixed some of the paint with gesso and used my butterfly stencil and I created a textured mat with just the paint.
I cut the title with my Silhouette machine and the flowers were die cut using a die and layered up. I used some of the twine tied in a knot and pulled through the flower to create a centre and a stem.
I tucked the feather in and added triangle arrows on top.
The serviette was laid on top of some of the tape and glued down... I used a button for its body. A bit of wing was cut off and used on a tag on the other side of the layout.
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look. Hold thumbs for me and I will see you soon.