Pages

Saturday, 15 March 2014

VALERIE

Hello Everyone

I have the new case file for CSI to show you today.


This weeks case file comes with this gorgeous sketch by Em Stafrace.


And here is my take on it.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - The colours are all there.
Evidence - numbers, rub-ons, circles.
Testimony - Write about your name.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

The name Valerie is the French variant of Valeria. Valeria comes from the Latin word “valere” which means ‘to be healthy, strong’ or ‘valorous.’ Valeria is the feminine form of Valerius, which was a Roman surname dating back to Antiquity. The name was popularized in the Middle Ages (particularly in France) in homage to a 3rd century saint, St. Valerie, who was beheaded for her Christian beliefs and is said to have carried her own head back to her confessor (the bishop who had converted her).

Characteristics:
Multi-talented
Intuitive
Oneness
Idealistic
Philanthropy
Independent
Perfection

The Urban Dictionary says:

Valerie is a VERY sexy woman who is also VERY intelligent. She has beautiful eyes and is sometimes considered to be a savage, but those people know, as well as everyone else, that she is truly one of a kind. Don’t do anything bad to Valerie, because she WILL come back out on top. 

Um so I think the Urban Dictionary definition of my name is way cooler than the other version so that is the one that I am sticking too. :)

Here are some close ups.


I started of by using gesso and a stencil to create the 'V' background and then used gelatos to get the colour and blended with lots of water all the way down.


As I chose to write about my name for the testimony I decided to use a photo of me... I also added my initial which I painted black then covered with black glitter. I added the bling and the flowers.


The stamped wings and hearts with numbers in them is a new Ranger stamp that I totally love. The "Perfect just as I am" is a rub on.

This was just such a fun case file and I loved doing it. Thanks for stopping by to take a look. :) 
I hope you have a  great weekend :D


xox
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. You forgot one characteristic - you are the Gesso Queen ! Love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val you rocked that sketch and I love the all the stamping and stencilling! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well solved Val! Great use of the colour scheme. I've been wanting to try Gelatos & I've been watching how you've used them over the last few weeks. Thanks for your inspo, I now think I'll invest in them & give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! When you wrote "Valerie is sexy...," I was immediately taken back to another layout you did...a boudoir photo shoot perhaps? Yes, she IS sexy, and all those other wonderful adjectives, including uber talented! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your line: "Perfect just as I am"! Yes indeed you are, Val! Love how you solved this case! Fabulous layout! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Totally. You're a wonderful person, Val. Worthy of honour & glory & does this mean I won't ever have to worry about crossing you.....cos you sound a SCARY person to cross!!!! LOL:):) WINKS!!!! And I think urban dictionary is brill & I am SOOOO gonna do this one...really tickles my fancy & I LOOOOOVE the texture work above the 'V' too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely page. Thank you for sharing more about yourself. You can add a wonderful sense of humour to your characteristics. I wish I could meet you in real life. I have a feeling that youmare a fun person to be around and a very loyal friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful photo and fun exploration of your name's meaning. Love the texture and gesso and the stamping adds a perfect touch of whimsy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock! Love everything in this LO, specially that big black chevron :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on this challenge val! Great interpretation of the sketch too! Love your journaling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Beautiful Val....love your use of colour and the sketch......great photo and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gee this is beautiful....that photo ...wow! Love that yellow....the whole layout is very eye catching!
    Thanks for visiting my blog...my life has been turned upside down and I'm trying to get the wheels back on and I am trying to catch up with everybody....I had 2 sisters in hospital at the same time and Grand son having problems....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is soooo striking, Val! Just love the colours & textures you've created, and the banners with the added bling finish it all off perfectly. Fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear lady, you are brilliant!!! Love this page. You hammed it up beautifully and your name suits you to a tee!!!! Stunning photo and you definitely 'rocked' the case and created a totally fabulous page!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect as you are, indeed, you babe you! What a great photo. Love how you used Em's sketch - the trailing yellow down the middle looks perfect and is an awesome contrast to the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. I am off to look up my name in the Urban Dictionary now...all I ever get when I look it up is that it's the feminine version of Shawn. Ummmm no sh*t. LOL

      Delete
  16. Very pretty. That yellow is especially effective...

    ReplyDelete