Pages

Saturday, 26 April 2014

BLUE

Hello Everyone

Today I have my layout for the new CSI case file to show you. This is such a fun challenge and it pushes you to reach into places you never knew existed. If you haven't played along I can highly recommend it.

The palette is just beautiful this week and as I looked through it and read the prompts this layout came to me so easily this week. :) Love it when that happens.


I also loved this sketch from Sketchabilities and so I used this as the basis for my layout.


Here is my layout.


Here is how I solved this case...
Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - stripes, mixed media, gesso, wet medium, animal accents (does a butterfly count?)
Testimony - I went with - use a prompt from Journal Buddies - I got ... If you were a crayon what colour would you be?

The quote on the front of the layout says:
In my past life, I was either a gypsy or a peacock.

My journalling on the back of the page says....
I used this quote on the front of the layout because both gypsies and peacocks are bold and bright and I have always felt that I loved all colours equally and did not have a favourite... I am beginning to think that may not be entirely true... as I was thinking about it I kept coming back to blue and my studio accents are also blue,so blue it is. I don't believe in coincidence so I decided to see why I was so drawn to blue and this is what I came up with.

The color blue means you have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life - you don't like having your feathers ruffled. The paler the blue the more freedom you feel.

In the meaning of colors, blue relates to one-to-one communication, especially communication using the voice - speaking the truth through verbal self-expression - it is the teacher, the public speaker.

The colour blue is idealistic, enhancing self-expression and your ability to communicate your needs and wants. It inspires higher ideals.

Blue's wisdom comes from its higher level of intelligence, a spiritual perspective. It is the colour of the spirit,  blue's devotion can be to any cause or concept it believes in, including devotion to family or work.

Blue is conservative and predictable, a safe and non-threatening colour, and the most universally liked colour of all, probably because it is safe and non-threatening. At the same time blue is persistent and determined to succeed in whichever endeavours it pursues.

Change is difficult for blue. It is inflexible and when faced with a new or different idea, it considers it, analyzes it, thinks it over slowly and then tries to make it fit its own acceptable version of reality.

Blue is nostalgic. It is a colour that lives in the past, relating everything in the present and the future to experiences in the past.

If this is your favorite color you are conservative, reliable and trustworthy - you are quite trusting of others although you are very wary in the beginning until you are sure of the other person. At the same time, you also have a deep need to be trusted.

You are not impulsive or spontaneous - you always think before you speak and act and do everything at your own pace in your own time. You take time to process and share your feelings.

 You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously.

 You appear to be confident and self-controlled, but may be hiding your vulnerable side.

 Being a personality color blue means you are generally fairly even-tempered, unless your emotions take over - then you can become either moody and over-emotional, or cool and indifferent.

 You are sensitive to the needs of others and caring with your close circle of friends. While you are friendly and sociable, you prefer the company of your own close group of friends.

 You are a rescuer and love to be needed but one of your lessons is to learn to love yourself first - you live from your heart and are always busy putting the needs of others first.

 You can be rigid - you like to stick to what is familiar to you and it is hard to sway you from your path - you stubbornly do things your way even if there is a better way.

 You need to have direction & order in your living and work spaces - untidiness and unpredictability overwhelm you.

 You don't like to draw attention to yourself - you prefer to be in the background.

 While you don't like to have discord or conflict in your life, you are often the cause of conflict with others; you can be quite manipulative but in a very subtle way.

 You make a loyal and faithful marriage partner and you are an honest, trustworthy and sincere friend. You form strong attachments, but risk a tendency to become codependent.

 You can be quite emotional, aware of others feelings and sensitive to the moods of others.

 You compare the present to the past, looking to authority figures, parents, bosses or other leaders, to support your beliefs about the world.

 You are approachable and friendly, always making people feel welcome in your life.

 You have a thirst for knowledge in order to gain wisdom and appear knowledgeable in whatever area interests you.

 You can be too cautious and worry about every little thing.

 If reacting negatively, you are prone to self-pity.

Your deepest need is to find inner peace and truth, to live your life according to your own ideals and beliefs without having to change your inflexible viewpoint of life to satisfy others.

This is so accurate for me it is pretty damn scary :D

Here are some close ups.


I started off with some heavy weight watercolour paper. Misted it with Lindy's Stamp Gang - Blue Hawaiian Blue - once it was dry I used a mesh mask with some gesso and let that dry completely. I used some of these gorgeous Maja Design papers that I managed to find here,  love the colours of these ones.


Once my design was in place I used a chevron stencil with a Tim Holtz distress ink, and then stamped the sewn hearts which is a Ranger - Dyan Reaveley - stamp.
 

The little quote was stamped underneath and my title painted - blue of course, and then flowers and buttons were added.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate it :) 

Have a great weekend - a long one here in South Africa.



xox
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Beautifully balanced page Val. I love the pops of colour. I think I must be a "blue" person because the description fits, however my other fave colour us green :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a soft and peaceful page, Val! it was so interesting to read all about the blue personality. Love your delcate and elegant design.
    And, thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities! your take on the sketch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the colours. My favorite colour is blue. Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely lovely....hoping to get time for this one....Blue has always been my fave colour.....but I don't think I'm this complex!!!!! In fact, don't tell anyone, but atm I'm actually quietly becoming attracted to purple...but that could be my tendency to go to opposite extremes!!! Anyways, thanks for the inspiration & for making me think:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Val , hope you are enjoying the LW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val...I just love seeing how you and your scrapping have grown art-wise...and feel privileged to have been invited on this journey...your pages and journalling are always so entertaining and inspirational...love visiting you on your blog...another stunning page...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally gorgeous, Val! Love the textured background, the beautiful papers & the POPS of coral pink...and of course, your fabulous journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece Val :) I love your textures, I just got my first few pages of Maja too! OMG they are soooo beautiful. A lovely layout, and what a beautiful description of you. Boy I HATE that my scrappy buddies are flung all over the universe. If I could have 3 wishes, after health and happiness for all I love(is that considered 2?) financial stability always, the 3rd would be to have all my buds together for a giant crop day!

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Paula that is a dream of mine too... how awesome it would be. I am so in love with Maja papers.... so dam hard to find here and impossible to import because of cost to South Africa... so for now I drool.... :D

      Delete
    2. Make sure when you travel, is it next week, you grab some! And Pion and Seven dots too!

      <3

      Delete
  9. Beautiful page Val. Wow...I gravitate to blue and aqua as my favorite colors and I found myself nodding my head while reading your journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure what colour crayon I would be... Like the idea of this page and how you solved the case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another cracker of a page from you Val. You really have the MM thing tamed and playing nicely on your pages. I know you've said you don't like the mess - but what a stunning result you've achieved here. Love, love, love the journalling and related to so much of it. My wardrobe is mostly stocked with blue clothes and has done since I was tiny and forced to wear brown as a little girl. Fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely your blue sister, Val, though I would describe myself as a rather simple person. I guess I really am not simple at all, I (we) just have many layers. I love this very thoughtful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooo cleaver to use csi and sketchabilities!! thanks for using sketchabilities sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your take on the sketch is so beautiful! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us t Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bom dia! Sua página está tãaaoo linda! Eu adorei os elementos e as cores utilizadas. Obrigada por brincar com a gente no Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning page! So strong and bold and full of emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic page, Val! And a great theme to scrap about! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really loved it!! Well done Val <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG Val this is so gorgeous! Awesome job with the Sketchabilities sketch and you killed that case file! So soft and pretty! PS. I nominated you for a Liebster award. No pressure to participate I just love your blog and wanted to share it! xoxo http://scrapyourmamanevertaughtyou.blogspot.com/2014/05/this-is-so-unexpectedi-didnt-even.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawna thank you so much ...I am overwhelmed... I will participate for sure :D xx

      Delete
  20. Beautiful watercolour effect & stenciling Val! Hope you are having a great holiday!! Sorry to have got so behind on my blog commenting - life has been moving at quite a rate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning page....love the design and the elements...such a beauty! Love the journalling...always so interesting to read these..... your colour sounds perfect for you and whatever colour you are...you are certainly one lovely lady and I am so pleased to know you! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my!!! I absolutely love this page Val!! Love your take on the sketch, love the textures and always love your journaling. My fave colour is blue too but I never realized it was such a complex colour. Scary how accurate this is though. Absolutely fabulous page!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete