Pages

Thursday, 3 April 2014

SPENCER

Hello Everyone
Today I am back with another DT reveal and this time it is for Scrap Africa's Sketch Challenge #28. Here is the sketch.

And... here is my take on the sketch.


My journalling on the back of the layout says.

The twins were two months old the day of this photo, I can't believe that the time has gone so fast. Spence looked so adorable in his Superman outfit and of course I couldn't resist taking photos of them. Clint captured this photo of Spence on his phone and when he sent it to me I couldn't help but laugh. He is his daddy through and through and somewhere amongst all of my photos I have one of Clint at about the same age looking exactly the same. The Thorpe gene is so strong and the men are all peas in a pod, mini me's.
Spence is a hoot and he does not do anything that he doesn't want to and that includes smiling for the camera. He pretends he is asleep and closes his eyes, he pretends to drink his bottle and he pretends to cry and his little face just crumples up. He loves to cuddle, to be rocked to sleep, and he loves to have his little feet rubbed.  He is such a little character and it is so much fun to watch it unfold and develop and I am so looking forward to this journey.

Here are some close ups.


First thing I did was to change the photo into black and white and then rubbed out the area where the superman logo was so that I was left with that piece coloured.
I used a stencil and black gesso for the background and drew the circles with a black pen. The splats are made with red paint. I found a big S in my stash and painted it red and covered it with diamond glaze.  The stars were traced and cut and then matted  onto the red to make them pop.


The film strip is a chippie which I painted black and the title painted red.
 I tore some strips of paper for the top and bottom and added some red ric rac.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and thank you for the comments that you leave they always bring a smile to my face.

xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This si stunning Val! Love that big red R watching them grow and develop there personalities is so special and it keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and oh so cute! Love how you edited the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable, my friend! In the blink of an eye, these babies will be all grown up...admit it, it does seem to go so fast. Your baby just had babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to learn how to do this with photoshop...love what you created here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superbaby looking oh so cute in his superman outfit....love the bold red and black on a baby page. I laughed about your description of his personality developing so early. We noticed that with ours as well. They showed their traits right from the beginning. What fun you have ahead of you. Enjoy every moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photos !!! Love your creation as always stunning ! :* xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - loving the black and white and RED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous....Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page....and love all those little pops of red! Spencer certainly sounds like quite a little character....and it's so awesome to see how they grow and develop these little characters! The photo's are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww!! He is such a little cutie, and he looks like he has a mind of his own. You're going to have so much fun with him as he grows, and I bet there will be many a time when you'll be tearing your hair out too!! You will love it!!! This page is an absolute delight Val!! Love the Superman theme ... totally gorgeous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color scheme is so awesomely bold and boyish! Spencer is so stinking handsome in his little superman onesie too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is such a cool boy page!! love the bold colours too! just fab - as are all your other layouts too!! xoxo, Sanna

    ReplyDelete