Pages

Friday, 4 April 2014

INSPIRE

Hello Everyone,

Back with another layout for you today and this time it is my DT layout for BW2

Eve has created a beautiful mood board and sketch for this months challenge.


Here is my layout


The journalling word this month is INSPIRATION.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

Inspiration comes from the most unexpected places sometimes and if you are not fully present all the time you will miss it. There is so much beauty everywhere if you just look. It is in the colours of the sunrise or sunset, it is in the rythm of waves crashing on the shore, it is in the sounds of laughter as children play, it is in the eyes of your beloved pet as they greet you after a long day. It is in the smells of something yummy being cooked and all it requires is that you not only see but feel, smell and taste it too. It is this that makes me want to get up in the morning and go about my day, it is what makes me want to create even when the translation onto paper is less than perfect. It is what puts a spring in my step and a sparkle in my eye. This is what gives me life.

Here are some close ups.


I got this amazing doily stencil by Prima and I have been dying to use it and this seemed the perfect time. I mixed some mulberry paint into the gesso to colour it and in my stash I found the same colour glitter and while the paint was still wet I sprinkled it onto the gesso and left it to dry. Once it was completely dry I brushed off the excess glitter. I love how it turned out.


Because the doily pattern is so bold I kept the rest of the layout very clean and simple. I made a mat of some green paper and used two photos one I changed to black and white. I added some ribbon, a photo frame with some bling and a couple of flowers. Voila! 

Before I go I found this amazing giveaway, if you are interested you can take a look here.... :D


This is what you can win and I don't know about you but I love chipboard or balsa wood embellies :D

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and thanks for the comments that you leave. 
See you all tomorrow for the new CSI reveal.


xox
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Ooh!!! That is a tricky colour scheme--- you've rocked it...LOOOVE your new doily mask, & the photography is AMAZING:))!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, that mask makes a wonderful foundation for the rest of your layout, wonderful take on the colors too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! Great doily mask!! I would of made a mess with all that glitter! Truly inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure, given a choice, that I would even choose to create using this color palette, Val, but your outcome is absolutely amazing!!! Your photograph(s) are perfect for the theme and amazing in themselves. Heartfelt journaling, as usual...especially truly in the Spring (in my case).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention that stunning background. Who knew glitter could look so regal???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lizzy; its a very tricky colour scheme, but your art really reined in those colours and forced them to play nicely. Love the journalling and I agree - its all about BEing in the moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That doily stencil looks fabulous! Hard colour scheme....but you have made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So super Val...looooove that stencil! Beautiful page....and so true...life is about taking note of the details and not just having days passing, without any thought or meaning! Thanks for the reminder! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is fabulous!! Love that doily mask and loooveee the colours. Beautifully done!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that stencil looks absolutely amazeballs! Love it!! Which reminds me...did the stencils arrive?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos you've been scrapping lately are off the charts amazing! I love the vibrance of this and the stencil is awesome!

    ReplyDelete