Pages

Wednesday, 2 April 2014

PRICELESS

Hello Again,
Today I have the reveal for the new sketch challenge over at OUAS Nadia Cannizzio has come up with another stunning sketch for this month...


This comes together with a journalling requirement which is...

"An event that changed my life..." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY way you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is!

Here is my DT layout for this challenge.


My quotes on the front of the layout say :
'Live the life you've imagined' and,
'You come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person, perfectly.'

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
I thought after the birth of my own children - which was life changing in itself - that nothing else could compare. I was wrong. The birth of these two perfect little babies has changed it all once again and this time in a way that is better than anything I could have ever imagined. Now I get to see the world once again through the eyes of the innocent, and see the wonder and magic that has been lost over the years. I have the time to really enjoy each moment of their growth and their milestones. I get to experience that feeling of overwhelming love for another new life and in this case two lives. I can tell you that you don't have to divide that love either, it multiplies with each child. This time I get to do it without struggling to hold it all together, on lack of sleep, lack of time and lack of money. This time I get to do it on terms that are perfect for me. I can just enjoy them and watch them grow and shower them with love and attention, spend time with them and I can get to do the things with them that I just couldn't do with my own kids. I get to just BE with them.

Here are some close-ups.

 

I used some papers from Maja Road that I managed to find here (these are seriously beautiful papers).
I also used a film strip that has words stamped onto it which fit my theme. The quotes were stamped onto the papers and then I added flowers and some die cut leaves.


I this side I stamped a film strip and added some more beautiful flowers from Petaloo as well as a zipper pull that says precious. I added some torn strips of washi tape to my layout too.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave your comments. It makes my day.



xox
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout mom! Your journalling brings tears to my eyes every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Val! You have out done yourself again. Such beautiful journaling again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your journaling, I can't wait to be a grandmother - and my daughter are 3 and 5! :D Lol, I can wait, just you wrote so beautifully about it and about those precious babies.
    Love your layout, it's calm and harmony. Sweet and beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it ~ your journaling is fabulous & that film strip is inspired...gorgeous take in the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just be...I love that, Val! This, indeed, is a priceless layout. A joy forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Val, I hear you loud and clear. Nothing can compare to the miracle of new life, especially when we see our children with their children. Your page is gorgeous with the soft colours and film strip, however, from one journal junkie to another; it's the words which make this page sing. Wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Val....and love the clean design! The photo's and the colouring and so amazing....all earthy! Just like this event...makes one grounded and earthy...realise what is really important! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Val and definitely priceless. Beautiful Journalling.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics and you have scrapped them beautifully! And beautiful journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this colour combination looks fantastic. Love the composition! I'm truly impressed!

    Greetings from Poland:) We have a small giveaway if you want to join us:)
    http://pracownia-i-kropka.blogspot.com/2014/04/pierwsze-urodzinki-i-kropki.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val, I love this layout, it is just breathtaking. What a wonderful journey you have ahead of you with your special family :) How lucky they are to have you making all these beautiful pieces documenting their life <3

    Paula xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing like it, is there?? Seeing your children holding children of their own. It is an amazing feeling and, I have to tell you, it only gets better as they grow older. Love this page Val. Absolutely stunning as always!! ox

    ReplyDelete