Pages

Tuesday, 27 May 2014

FLOWERS FOR EASTER

Hello again :)

I am back with my last DT reveal for June and this one is for Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #29.

Here is the fabulous sketch, by Denise van Deventer.


Here is my take on the sketch.


I love circles (as long as it is not the photo :)) 

The quote on the front of the layout says:
It is no who you are that holds you back it's who you think you are not.

The little quote at the bottom says:
Life is a gift. Never forget to enjoy and bask in every moment you are in.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
In all the years I have been married I have never gotten flowers from Simon for anything - that all changed when we moved into this house and then Si started to bring me flowers, sometimes for no reason at all. I asked him why one day and he said 'I don't know they just looked so pretty and I see how much you love them so I bought them for you' and I do - love them. For me there is nothing that brings me greater joy than the sight of fresh flowers. I used to buy my own for my studio... every week. Now some weeks I don't have to buy my own :) because he buys them for me. These beautiful flowers were for Easter. I know they are dyed to get that beautiful vivid colour but I just love them and the best part about them is that they last for two weeks or more, and I love even more that Si bought them for me. His reasoning for not buying them before was that they are expensive and then they die after a few days. I don't really care what changed I am just happy to get flowers - anytime, anywhere, anyhow and for any reason. THEY MAKE ME HAPPY.

Here are some close ups.


I wanted the flowers to really pop so I kept the rest of the layout neutral. I stitched the circle, something I have been playing with more and more on layouts.


The quote was stamped on and the bracket just painted black and left. I made a few splats of ink.


Another flower cluster at the bottom using the colours of the flowers in the photo. They really are so beautiful. I added some tickets and some round chippies too.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look I really do appreciate your visits and the time that you take to leave a comment. They make my day :D


xox
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and I love the checks you have used on your last two layouts and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.....sooo nice of him. Mine gets me flowers...out of the garden!!! And maybe twice a year otherwise. Maybe! Love that circle here & the flowers look lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vibrant page with a beautiful story. To receive flowers is the ultimate luxury and for no reason - that's even better. Love the stitched circle and the little clusters top and bottom. A beautifully balanced page :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Val!! Love the stitched circle and how you matched your clusters to the photos. I love getting flowers too, what woman doesn't?? But why do men feel that just because they don't last very long it's not worth getting them. That was my hubby's reasoning too, although lately he's been getting them a bit more often than he used to. Flowers bring a sweetness into our home that's hard to describe, they just make me smile. I love them and I love your page too!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful layout and story, Val! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Val!!! What a GORGEOUS page! I love the pictures and how they stand out among the neutral papers. And those pops of color in the flowers really accent the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this Val! Stunning! I'd also love it if you made your photos larger - would love to see the details closer.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val, this is a gorgeous and stunning page! Love the sewing and the amazing photo's! Love the colour scheme, so perfect! Flowers are certainly the scent for the soul! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Gorgeous layout Val....... Gorgeous flowers too! :)

    ReplyDelete