Pages

Friday, 23 May 2014

LIFE

Hello again,
Today I have the June Black with 2 Challenge. On their blog you can also see the announcement of their new DT. Yes I am there again - I am staying on for another term.
Here is this month's mood board.

I have to say this really threw me out of my comfort zone but I was really happy with the end result.

Here is my layout.


The quote on the front of the layout says:
Live the life you've imagined.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
I am not living the life I imagined - what I am living surpasses anything I could ever have imagined. I imagined having my own children, but was told by doctors that it would never happen and I have two of my own beautiful children and two perfect grandchildren. I imagined living in a little house with a white picket fence certainly not the magnificent big house that we have. I never imagined driving a car like my sleek, black, Talitha. And I certainly never imagined that I would get to travel as much as I do visiting exotic and far away places. Learning about people and cultures so different to mine. Broadening my horizons and teaching me to be more accepting of ways of life so different to mine. I am so very grateful for the life that I have and I would not change it for anything. Never stop dreaming big.

Here are some close ups.


I mirrored the sketch because it just looked better with my photos. The banners were cut with dark and light grey and also a piece of pattern paper that had the dark, light grey and a bit of white (5%)  I added some sewing stamping in a light grey and outlined all of the papers with grey pen.


I painted the title gre and used a lighter grey pen and the stars were added, a silver star, a drawn star and a couple of star blings.. I added the flowers and more bling.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and you still have a few days left to play along.

xox
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely, I have this on my list to do too.. I love this color combo.. I wonder if we could have another week in May for the challenges I have yet to do???hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cracker of a layout from you Val...with all your travel photos, you will never be short of something to scrap. Beautifully Gratitude journalling too...Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to see you already using your travel photos. I love your journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love the bracket - ---& those little wee blossoms are sweet.....you are really clever being able to work with black paper....hats off to you:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a little girl, I had a lot of dolls, but each one was named Michelle. I knew that one day I would have a baby girl and name her Michelle. My dreaming stopped there, but my reality included so much more than my baby Michelle (who is now almost 40!). My life surpasses my dreams, too, Val, and how very lucky we both are today! Love your dark layout, where the turquoise jumps out and calls my name! Brilliantly put together, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Val this is a gorgeous page. Love your take on this sketch and challenge. I love your flowers clusters, multi layers of fish tail flags and your bluish white on black background is amazing. You have a beautiful style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Val and really love your take on the sketch! The sketch is a goodie...must maybe use it some time. Love the elements and styling....! Your journalling is super and you certainly are such a lucky lady! Enjoy every day and every moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a brilliant and dramatic page!! Love how you altered the sketch to suit your style and love the drama of the black background. Simply stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete