Pages

Thursday, 22 May 2014

HOME

Hello Everyone.

I am back from a lovely holiday, even though I am exhausted and feel like I need another one :D and it seemed fitting to post this layout from before I went away because there is no place like home... :)

It is always nice to get home when you have been away but I always feel like it takes me a while to get back into things again. I had all my DT projects done and loaded before I went away but I didn't get to post them so here they are.

The first one is case file # 121 from  CSI and I really loved everything about this one.


Here is my layout



Here is how I solved the case...
Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - flowers, book pages, metal, twine.
Testimony - document something about your home.

The quotes on the front of the layout say:
Live the life you've imagined
and
It's not the home that I love but the live that is lived there.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
We bought this house nearly nine and a half years ago. We were looking to downsize from our old house which was on 4 000 sq meters into something better suited to just the two of us, as the kids were in the process of moving out. We found this estate with just 40 something homes in it and we both fell in love with it. We downsized the property to 1000 sq meters but not the size of the house - what happened?. I loved the open plan and the large patio and gorgeous main bedroom - Simon love the triple garage and the pub with the pizza oven. So we did it. It is a beautiful large homely house decorated in neutrals with dark wood furniture. It has three bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms, a huge pub area with a pool table, a tv lounge, home theatre, dining room, kitchen, scullery I have a studio and Simon has a home office upstairs too. It really is way too big for us and we had been talking about moving again into a much smaller more manageable house but now with the birth of the babies, and the fact that my daughter also has a partner, the house seems full again and I am not sure that I would be comfortable all squashed up. So.... we have decided to stay put for now and enjoy it while we can. The babies have their own room now and when more come there will be a room for them too :)
I really love my home it is a place where I feel safe and happy. It invites you to come in and have a cup of tea or coffee or a loud noisy braai, watch the rugby or settle for a good movie with popcorn. The kids can swim or play with the dogs. It is a happy home. It is our home.

Here are some close ups.


I used strips of washi tape, book paper and a zig-zag stitch stamp to create my background


The butterfly is cut out of a piece of Tim Holtz tissue paper and glued onto the paper. I added the red bling for a dash of colour.


This quote is a rub on. I also added some grey watercolour paint. The flower was tucked in under the photos and the key to represent the house added on top.


I added the flowers and cut the leaves with a die cut. I also added a lock under the flowers and the twine is pushed under the flowers and leaves.

I loved this case file and I am very happy with the outcome. Thanks for stopping by to take a look and I thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to read them and I appreciate every one of them.

Be back soon with another one.




xox
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I do love this colour combination...gorgeous case file. I must make time to do these again. I love your story about your house. We have been living in the same house now for the past 28 years. You could say the house grew around us. We are thinking of selling up and building our dream home...but I am a little bit afraid. I guess my roots just go too deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see your work again Val & that you had a great time away. Like you, I love coming home despite how much fun I've had while away. This page is just divine & I like how you've used the pops of red. Sounds like you are very happy in your beautiful home. I've been checking out your travel pics because coincidentally I'm in the process of updating my girl's album with their photos of the exact same places that you went to. They went there over the Easter break & loved Poland & Amsterdam. I'm looking foward to seeing what you do with those lovely photos:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb take on the case file. Love the way you used the dark tones with just a pop of red. The cluster is gorgeous. I understand about the downsizing thing. I don't think we will ever move, 'cos we always needs rooms for the children to sleep over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love,love this layout, Val!!!!
    It actually speaks to me IYKWIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have had a lovely holiday.. and your layout is wonderful.. the journalling really tells about your contented life at home!! love the washi and stitches stamp too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not only a beautiful piece of art, Val, but a piece of heart, as well! I love it. Sometimes, our plans are altered along the way. This is a beautiful "alteration."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout and gorgeous and inviting home! Makes me want to stop by for tea (or something with a little vodka in it haha). I think that's great that you guys are going to stay put for awhile...in my head I envision the twins running wildly through long halls and open rooms in the years to come. Really love the way you've described everything. Welcome HOME Val! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divine ---- you have every reason to be happy with it.....it's gorgeous & all fits so beautifully together & I must say, I REALLY enjoyed reading about your home, too....glad you had a good hol....& yup! Be all feel like that when we get home, I think!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page and everything is just so perfect! Loooove the design and that gorgeous flower cluster! Your home certainly sounds amazing and every word written, is written with love! I know it's not the house, but it is the home that you love, and that's the best part!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning page Val, and your home sounds like a heavenly place, perfect for growing babies. We were going to down size too (although our house is nowhere near as big as yours) and changed our minds for the same reason. Grandchildren need a bedroom when they sleep over don't they?? Love this colour combination and the design perfectly showcases your photos. So glad you had a great holiday and I absolutely love this page!! ox

    ReplyDelete