Pages

Saturday, 31 May 2014

ME TIME

Hello Everyone

Today I have the new case file challenge from  CSI, the colours, evidence and testimony are all great this week and you have until Sunday next week to play along. You should really check out what the amazing DT has to inspire you.

Here is the case file.


I used a sketch for Scrap365 for this case file because I love the sketch.


Here is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence -  flowers, wood, clock, something sheer, scallops, quartrefoil pattern, textured paper.
Testimony - my morning routine.

The stamping around the page just say Blah, blah, blah... (so me)

My journalling on the back of the page says.

I am NOT a morning person... I am a night owl! Having said that I do not lie around in bed till mid morning either. I get tea brought to me (most mornings) at around 5.30 and with tea comes four boisterous little yorkies with wet noses and long tongues eager to say hello like they haven't seen me in forever. Simon showers and I snuggle back down with my pups while I drink my tea, and catch up on my ipad. I am normally showered and dressed and breakfasted by 7.30, in summer it is outside on the patio and in winter it is in my studio with the doors open so I can see the birds in the fever tree outside. I am sat at my computer with another cup of tea ready to start my day by 8 and this is when I try and get all my admin DT stuff out of the way first thing so that the rest of the day is free to get down and do some creating.
Sunday morning however is completely different - especially in winter - we still have our tea and dog loves early, habit I guess. Then we will watch the news, read papers and magazines, doze in the warm winter sun and have breakfast in bed (also cooked by Simon). Sometimes we only get up at 10 and on really cold days - it's PJ day all day. I love those days.

Here are some close ups.


My something sheer is gel medium with a little glitter in it for shimmer through the stencil (quartrefoil pattern), the flowers are also sheer. I used my mists to create a watercolour background with the turquoise, lime and pale blue. I used my prima stitching stamp and also a Dyan Reaverley circle stamp that I have just bought.



My textured paper is the green with the white dot and I used washi tape under the photo mat. I also used a strip of paper with a punched border. I added a wooden clock and some brads.


The blah, blah, blah stamp is stamped around the page.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it.



xox
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. wow Val, so organic and original .. love this as a subject too ... very clever and brilliant layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always amaze me with your thoughts and how you bring the journaling to layout! It's amazing! You solved the case perfectly and also the sketch! So Glad you joined us at Scrap365, thank you. I appreciate it Val <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful. I love the bright blue and green and you've really made me want the stitched squares stamp! I'm a night owl too, but would happily stay in bed until 10am each day if I could! Thank you for joining in the Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is different....no photo :-)
    Gosh I'm not a morning person and I will not be happy to be woken with coffee or tea at 5:30. I don't stirr until at least 6:30 in summer and 7:00 in the winter.

    Gorgeous page...very artistic and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, Val...especially your watercolor work and the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful page Val - I love the colours and the texture work. I can see that you are night person, 'cos 0530 is the middle of the night! You must exist on very little sleep. Love the stitched square stamp and the journalling which gives us a glimpse of your routine :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessed schedule, Val, not unlike my own! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo with you on the lazing in bed whilst 'doing stuff'.....pretty much me most mornings...but shhhh! Don't tell anyone, LOL!!! LOOOVE this case file....that bg work is perfection & those stamps! Salivating:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW stunning layout. The background and the texture, the flowers, the photo, everything. Those frames and the silver flower. Love it!! Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val, this layout is GORGEOUS!!! WOW! Love how you used the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this page! thank you for joining Scrap 365 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this piece! Its so pretty! Looks so good to hang it on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning project, Val! I love it! Thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome my friend ..just awesome ... love your morning greetings .. nothing more awakening than slobbery excited kisses from your beloved pets ... ..love those stitching stamps have to get myself some of those .. thanks for playing on scrap365 sketch ,,hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you solved this case....the MM background and colours are wonderful , love the stitching stamps and fabulous story telling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUCH a pretty layout! Love your background work & that colour scheme is oh so zingy!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrap 365 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, just stunning...loving the textured background & stamping...and the gorgeous colours & layering. Love your morning schedule...I think you need to be having a word to my hubby! No such happenings here :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love this page....the design is so super! Love the journalling and a nice little insight into Val's world again! Love the background and stamping,...really fabulous! This is a definite favourite for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it, the flowers, colors, layers, everything <3
    thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap 365 <3

    ReplyDelete