Pages

Monday, 26 May 2014

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE


Hello again. Today I have my DT layout for May's OUAS Challenge.

Here is the sketch.


The theme this month was
'ANYTHING GOES'

The rules are as follows...
You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 

Here is my layout.


I used papers by Teresa Collins and Maja Design.

The quote on the front of the layout says...
Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or
effort to change us, as no-one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents
siblings, spouses or friends and hardly ever our own
children.

My journalling on the back says.
How wonderful to be so accepted and loved for who we truly are. I see this when I see Spencer and Paige. their little faces light up as if the sun itself has entered the room. They will gurgle and giggle away as I talk to them, and equally as easily fall asleep as I rock them when they are tired, snuggling right in. I hope that this never changes. I thought about it as I was writing this quote and I realise how true these words are and just how much I loved my grandparents and they still have a very special place in my heart and as with all other relationships I just wish I had told them more often just how much I loved them. I am so blessed to be such a big part of these twins' lives.

Here are some close ups.


Some ink splats and some water colouring. The concertina flower was made using a Tim Holtz die. The heart arrow and circles are all chipboard, I painted the arrow and left the others raw just inking the edges.


I just can't get over how cute these two are and I just love their matching sailor outfits... 
I did lots of stitching on this layout. A first for me I think, but I like the way it looks. I think I need to get it serviced, I think the tension is all out. I am not a sewer so I don't really know.


I wrote the quote directly onto the layout. Something I hardly ever do because I don't like my own writing. I think it would have looked better without but I did it anyway.


Title was done with letter stickers.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read your feedback.



xox
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully created and written, Val--and so very true. I never thought about this before until I read, first, the Goode quote and, then, your journaling. My heart is full at this moment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so immensely blessed Valerie, with two beautiful grandkids at one go! And they must be the luckiest twins ever to have a talented grandma to create such beautiful pages of them to record their childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful.. those photos are adorable, and I love the nautical theme too.. the stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely....the title down the bottom looks fab & CHECKS.....I'm a goner as soon as I see gingham...& of course, that reminds me SOOOO much of my grandmothers & I'm with you....I LOVED 'em to bits....& like you, hoping this relationship flows down to our generation of kidlets:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous photo and your layout mirrors the twins outfits. Love the colours .

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful page Val and you are preaching to the converted here. They are totally accepting and non-judgemental. What precious gifts they are. I love the matching outfits and the red, white and blue theme. I only ever knew on Grandparent and she was not a touchy, feely type, so mine get smothered with hugs and kisses. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is precious and the design unique. I love the stitching and I love that quote...how precious the love of children and grandchildren. There is nothing wrong with you handwriting.. I am pretty sure those precious grand babies are going to love seeing their gran's handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! those photos are adorable!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!!!! Your page is perfect for those sweet adorable babies Val. Love the colours, love the stitching and love the hand writing ... gives the whole page a lovely personal touch. Just gorgeous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page....and such a stunning design and papers! The sewing is fabulous and the pics so adorable! Agree so much wih your sentiment...granparents are so special and they also played a very special part in my life too. It's wonderful that these two have you and such a wonderful family! This is a huge part of their heritage....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know for sure that your grandies will love you and cherish you infinitely! Just like Helen's, my grandmother wasn't much for hugs or kisses, so my own mum lavished them upon us kids. This is such a beautiful page, love the sewing and the pinwheels! They are absolutely adorable in their outfits, sooo cute! xoxox

    ReplyDelete