Pages

Sunday, 1 June 2014

CAPTURED MEMORIES

Hello Everyone
It is the beginning of the month which means I have a load of DT projects for you. The first one is the monthly sketch challenge from Once Upon A Sketch. You have a month to play along and you can read up on all the details HERE.
Here is June's sketch.

Journalling Theme: The following quote

 " the best things in life aren't things" 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch above and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 

It is also perfect for the new challenge that is up at Scrap Around the World so I am entering it there too...

Here is their mood board.


I love to travel and the bicycle just reminds me of Amsterdam and I love green and yellow together.

Here is my take on the challenge.


I turned the layout on its side so that I could use it that way.

The quote on the front of the layout says...
The world of reality has it's limits, but the world of imaginations is boundless.

My Journalling on the back of the layout says.
I love to travel and I love to just get on a train or bus and head in a direction and see where it takes me. This is how Willy and I ended up at Zaanse Schans in the Netherlands, and what a day we had. This sweet little village has become a huge draw card for tourists and I loved it. Wooden buildings, quaint streets, little canals, ducks, shops and museums but NO tulips :(. Most of all I love the windmills along the river. We wandered around in and out of everything there was to see, had coffee, shopped for some gifts for back home, had a lovely lunch with a glass of wine, ended off with another coffee and headed home. Days like this leave me feeling so grateful to be alive and so grateful to be able to travel and take in all the beautiful sights this world has to offer. My heart full of love for my family and my life. Now I get to re-live it all again through my photos.
(These photos were taken outside the clog factory - we had spent a while going through the museum, factory/shop inspecting all the different clogs. This was what we looked at while we had our lunch too.)

Here are some close ups.


I added some watercolour into the triangular design of my layout and some splatter in green and back. I cut the chipboard piece so that it would be long enough to use on either side of the photos. 
I covered the chipboard heart with some of the paper and added the flowers, and a couple of brads.


I painted the chipboard with Lindy's Magicals and although the bottom one looks very bright here it is not really that bright. then I added some yellow and gold embossing powder and heat set. the quote was also stamped. 

Thanks for stopping by to take a look I really appreciate your visits. :D



xox
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Yup, that's the sort of thing we liked to do when traveling...LOOOVE how you've altered the chippy title & those circles look fabulous.....wish I'd thought to turn this sketch - looks fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bright and gorgeous travel page Val. I loved the Netherlands for all the reasons you described here. Specially like the circle Chippies and the quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you flipped it. Just gorgeous bright and happy, your layout totally conveys the joy you're expressing :) The treatment you used on your chippie title is fantastic. I don't have any magicals yet, but I need to get some. Oi, hubby is really gonna have a cow!

    Fabulous my friend :)

    Paula<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous page Val - and what nice, large pics - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I just love this! Perhaps because I am 50% Dutch (my father told me the other 50% was human). Fun for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one Val! That bright green is just awesome, have to try it too.

    I really appreciate all the comments you left to my blog the other day - you are such a wonderful person and it would be a great pleasure and honor to meet you face-to-face some day :)
    Hope we could arrange meeting to here in Finland, our guest room is always open for you - it would be nice to show you things in here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Val...I am loving your travel photos scrapped so soon after your trip. Beautiful colours and gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like this visit to Holland was pure joy. What a nice trip. I like your interpretation of the sketch and how you turned it on its side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch Val...Such a fun and Fabulous layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Val Belle! I've been meaning to pop in here for ever so long!! What a great layout & perfect for our challenge at SATW too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous design! Great photos! And wonderful quote. Thank you for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just brilliant! Love the colours, design & all the elements you've used. Really love your work, Val! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! The same for your blog... really sweet site to be! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your interpretation of our moodboard Val, sooooo pretty, awesome details & above all, love your photos. What a magical moment captured. So glad to have you play along with us. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your layout! Wonderful photos and beautiful background! Thanks from SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow such a gorgeous page Val in our little country.......those clomps look so perfect on you, you should try out to be a clompmodel lol hihihihih just kidding!!! I really loved what you did with that chipboard....Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha :) I love the pictures on Your layout! this is so cheerful and beautiful; thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page and love the colouring and design here! Fun photo's and the chippie treatment stunning! The yellow on your page makes me smile...I think I have a wharped sense of humour...but takes me to the colour of cheese and the Kaaaaaash mense! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work! Great photos! i love touch of green

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun page! The colours are so fresh and optimistic! I love the way you've decorated chopboards and delicate mixed media accents on the background. Thank you for playing with us at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everything about this page! The photo with the awesome shoes, the great color scheme, the background, the chipboard well everything! Fantastic! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work and the pictures are great! I love this kind of fun. Thank you for playing at SATW in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such great photos on a truly gorgeous layout! I love those chippie circles - very cool! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete