Pages

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

FRIENDSHIP

Hello Everyone
I am a bit slow on the uptake for this challenge from Scrap Africa as it went live on Monday :/ but... I do have a good reason :) It was a holiday here in South Africa on Monday and I was busy with my kids and yesterday I had my first day with my grandbabies...I am going to have them two days a week as mommy has gone back to work. I have to say I loved every minute of it but it was a very long day especially as I am not used to having babies around anymore, and I am not really sure what to do with them all day but I am sure it will all come back to me quickly.
Anyhow that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
Right back to the challenge which was to "Scrap your Stash" you know all that old stuff.

Everyone who knows me and has been to my studio knows that I have a LOT of stuff. Most of it gets unpacked when I buy it and packed away in it place...so I don't know where half the stuff comes from or how long I have had it for.

Here is the card I made.

I used some turquoise and then a mat of white bazzill cardstock.  White turns over pretty quick for me but I don't know how long the turquoise has been in my stash.

I layered it up with some papers that I thought went well together and seemed to not belong to anything else so I am guessing they are really old. I made some splats with ink and stamped the "Friendship" onto the bottom - That was also one of the first sets of stamps that I got, there were a whole lot of words. The white flower is NOT old and is from Petaloo. Flowers don't last in my stash - I love flowers - well most flowers that is. The little red roses and the bling have been around forever I think I got them in bulk at the chinese market and I use them lots. Then I have a little plastic word that was one of the first things I got when I started scrapping. They came in a variety of colours and words and I don't think I have ever used them before know. I guess I must make some more cards. :D

Here are some close ups.


Oh there is also a heart sticker in there, some cotton and a horrid velvet viney thing which I think was supposed to be ironed onto something, luckily it looks ok tucked in there. :D


You can see the stamp better and the splats.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. You have two weeks to play along with this challenge and the DT have some fabulous examples up for you to see.



xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful excuse to be late with a post, Val! I'm sure it is very draining but at the same time exhilarating to have those new babies around you. As to your art, I do have a lot of flowers in my stash--not because I love them, but because I don't know what to do with them. You always seem to know just the right flower for just the right layout for just the right photo--or, in this case, no photo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love what you've done with your old stash Val. This looks so fresh and new. I'd love to see more of your card creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the perfect excuse Val. Gorgeous wee bubbas always come first and of course you are tired when they go. Your card looks fresh and new despite the "horrid" (your words) viney thing. I think it looks great tucked in among the dark papers. You've reminded me that I have a couple of those plastic titles kicking around somewhere too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card! I LOVE the colors. The banners are gorgeous (great pp) and loving the pops of red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you could manufacture cards forever and not run out of stash! Love the combination you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do beautiful cards---& the 'vineyard thing' looks FABULOUS!!!! Just goes to show;) love your choices of pp....& I'm sure that you & the grand babies will work it out as you go along:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is a stunner and will become a keepsake to someone. I am amazed at all the beauty that can be found hiding out in our stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card looks wonderful.. and i hope you have special days looking after your babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful layers and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best excuse ever to be late with a post. Grandbabies always come first, last and everywhere in between. Love this card Val!!! It is so fresh and bright and we would never have know that you used 'old' stuff if you hadn't said it. Love that stamp!! Absolutely stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Val and the design stunning! Love the colour combo, you have used it well. I can imagine that you have a stash of note....but like I said to one of the other DT members....one has to have a good variety when creating!!!! It's a good clean addiction!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember from your FB posts just how much you love your little babies! This is a wonderful card and great way to use up stash. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete