Pages

Saturday, 28 June 2014

MARGARITA MAMA

Hello Everyone 
I am back with the new case file over at CSI - you have one week to play along and you can see all the amazing inspiration from the DT at the site.

I used this sketch from Sketchabilities - I really love their sketch challenges.


Here is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there (even though the greens all look different in the photo) I really hate when that happens :/
Evidence - chevrons, silver metal, flowers, fabric, stitching (the stamps), lean something (the umbrella in the glass)
Testimony - 6 word memoir... Delight in the details Margarita Mama :)

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

Margarita Mama - that's me, my drink of choice is frozen margaritas and I do delight in the details. Frozen tequila slushie in a beautiful glass, rim dipped in lemon juice and then into salt, the perfect straw to suck it up through and a pretty umbrella for a splash of colour. :) Now THAT makes me happy. What doesn't make me or my butt happy is the number of calories is this little death wish or the fact that this little beauty has a kick like a donkey and you can rest assured that you will feel it the next day. But still... the call of the wild and all :/ Not that I drink a lot or often but when I do have to attend a rugby braai it makes it bearable, or on our girls scrapbooking weekend away you will find me with one of these lovelies in my hand just because we all enjoy them and, if you had to raid my deep freeze I am sure that you would find one or three of them hiding in there somewhere waiting for the right moment to be brought out :) hahahahahah and I promise I don't need a 12 step programme just yet. Soon maybe but not today :) It is scrapping these random little things that makes me happy :).

Here are some close-ups.


I used these papers from Authentique which I love and which fit perfectly with the colours this week. I applied a layer of gesso to the background paper and used a stencil and some gesso paste. Once this was dried off I used some green watercolour. I added some script stamping and also the Prima Stitches stamps. The yellow behind the frame is a gauzy material and on the other side you can see the chevron washi stamp :)


I created lots of layers and used a die to cut the leaves. The flowers were added and the ribbon.


I created my six word memoir in two parts. An Amy Tan sticker and also an alphabet sticker. Lastly I added some green splats.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Have a wonderful weekend.



xox
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Love, love, looooooove this - that bg work is delish....the photo [tho I am NOT a drinker] makes me want to have one & the layers are truly amazing...NEW FAVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee Val, this page is just WONDERFUL - love all your mixed media work and all the delightful details! Never had a frozen marguerita, but I want one now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job, both with the sketch and the casefile! I especially like the stamping on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this layout Val! You've worked the colours in perfectly & the background is amazing. And I really love your subject - although I'm more of a Piña Colada gal :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is over 90 degrees outside just now, and this makes your layout look very cool, my friend! Every once in a while, I find it so fun to do a page with no face looking back at me, so I can really sit back and enjoy this one with you! Sweet colors and flowers just enhance the scene today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this layout, I adore all of your texture and the mix of colours.....oh so pretty!
    Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Val thanks for leaving some bloggy love, i think we are all guilty of not being able to spread ourselves around the blogging world as much as we would like. Fantastic page! I might have to try one of those one day lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fresh and fun page Val. The photo is gorgeous and the topic is fun, although I prefer Dacquiris or Mojito's myself. Listen to me, it sounds like I'm in the bar every day, but I probably only have one or two in the summer time. Love the sketch and the texture paste - great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Miss Val I would just love to sit with you and a wonderful margarita :) I love this page! The colors and your layers, great embellies!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Layout, love your bits of texture and use of the colours. Haha, cant believe we get to scrap our favourite drinks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS page, VAL!! LOVE the colors - just so pretty!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page and colours Val!! you nailed the case file!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Val! It is such a fabulous layout! The greens are gorgeous on that fantastic neutral background! I am finding your work so very inspiring! I really love what you do! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes! you defo nailed the case file! LOVE the colours! he he nothing beats frozen strawberry daiquiry! or mojitos! beeeautiful work Val! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic layout Val....love the photo surrounded by perfect layers and details....I loved this case file at CSI but ran out of time.....you have solved it brilliantly....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pop of green with the black. Thanks playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Val, you certainly created a fab page for these challenges! Loooooooove this one! The colours and design are perfect! Beautiful elements! Love the sentiment too....Absolutely in the spirit of the theme!!!!! LOL....this is a fabulous page! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Val! The layout, the story and, of course, the drink! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...nailed again. I love your take on this sketch and the colours work so well together. Maybe I should start drinking Margarita's to make rugby bearable ;-)

    ReplyDelete