Pages

Saturday, 28 June 2014

LIFE IN BLOOM

Hello Everyone,

Today I have the incredible honour of being a Guest Designer on the Scrap365 Blog. A couple of months ago I won a sketch challenge and was asked by Ali Parris to a Guest Designer spot for the July Sketch. I was so delighted and of course I said yes, well I mean who wouldn't say yes to that. I love their blog, their sketches and their magazines so what else was there to say but YES!

Here is the sketch. You have until the 13th of July to play along too.


Here is my layout.


The quote on the front of the layout says:
If you wish to know the Divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand. Buddha

My journalling on the back of the layout says:
This quote sums up exactly how I feel about the Divine. There is so much beauty and magnificence in the world if you just look with open eyes and an open heart, and when you do you have to accept no matter what your beliefs that there is a power out there so much bigger than our own. Something so amazing. 
Some things are so rugged and raw as to have a unique beauty of their own and other things are just so soft and pretty, like this photo, that literally takes your breath away.
There is nothing better for me than when I am out wandering around to suddenly happen upon something like this little nook in Bayeux in Normandy. The warm sunshine, the lush green of the trees and the grass, the lovely pinks of the flower boxes, the gentle tinkling of the water and beautiful rough wood of the mill wheel, the ducks swimming leisurely and in the distance the sound of kids laughing and playing - all of this fills my heart with so much awe and happiness and makes me realise what a little fish in a very big pond am I. I am so grateful to be a small part of this wonderful journey, and for the fact that I am able to appreciate it.

Here are some close ups.


I used heavy duty watercolour paper for this layout. and used the dot stencil and gesso, once it was dry I gave the whole layout a coat of thin gesso and dried it off, then applied Mister Hueys Manilla mist to it. I also added some splats of the pink and green to it as well.
  

The quote was written onto strips of the paper and I left the title in its raw state so that it would pop. I added layers of mesh tape, paper and pearls too.


The chipboard flower and stems was coloured using the same Mr Hueys mist and then I added some Tim Holtz Distress Inking and gesso. I pasted the little pink flowers on top of the chippie flowers. The heart was stained pink and then I added the micro beads. The flowers were all added as well as some little bits and pieces and that was it. Layout complete.


 Here is another view of the flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. It really makes my day.

Have a great weekend and I will be back later with my CSI reveal.
xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Love the sketch and your layout. The pink and green really works and those flowers are beaut. Great journaling as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Guest Spot Val...such an honour to be invited by Ali and you did her proud with this gorgeous page. You have the MM thing off pat now, tamed into submission and willing to play nicely at your request. The photo is glorious and the blooms, chippies and heart all arranged in harmony....love, love, love it. Your words about being in touch with nature resonate with me. I'm listening to a Kookaburra singing in the creek as I type. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layout Val! I love the background so much. The colours look wonderful together. TFS.
    P.S-Thank you for your comment on my blog and for letting me know the rules :) Is it alright if I delete the other entry coz I really created this one for OUAS. I have already gone ahead and done that. Please let me know .thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) <3 Love this piece, stunning.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cognrats for the guest spot! You truly deserve that!
    Wooo Gorgeous Layout Val! Now MM is such a thing in you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love how you created the background. The green is pretty - and love the purple mixed with it!!! Congrats to you - not surprised!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win and the GD spot, and what a lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! so happy to have you guesting with us Val!! This is truly luscious, soooo very beautiful with the pink and green! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Guest spot.....your layout is stunning.....your journaing...well I sat here and read it and thought wow that is just wonderful....Thanks for the inspiration Val. Love this! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is certainly divinity in this page! Wow...amazing!!! Love the distressed and aged look, with those soft pinks and greens! Stunning page and a stunning photo! Love the sentiment too, which is all about "heart and soul"...and this page smacks of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this soft layout Val, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page. I love each little detail you added to this. Stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete