Pages

Friday, 13 June 2014

JOY

Hello Everyone 
Today I have a post for you that I totally forgot to do.... Oldtimers I reckon :)
It is for Sketch Challenge #29 over at Scrap Africa, and I think if you want to play along still there are a couple of days left before it closes. Here is Denise's fabulous sketch.

And... Here is what I did with it.



My journalling on the back of the layout says:

I love to take pics of details, like the bicycle and the little chair and tables as well as the window boxes outside of this little restaurant in the streets of Krakow. I love the rich red of the geraniums against the warm yellow of the walls, the earthy terracotta pots and the stripey awnings over the windows, it creates such a welcoming feel that says please come in and stay awhile. It is one of the things that I love about summer in Europe. The sun comes out and the weather gets warmer and everyone dresses the front of their houses and shops with all kinds of little curiosities and it really creates a holiday atmosphere.
 People have said to me that taking photos of things like this means nothing as it could be anywhere but I don't care it means something to me and everytime I look at them I know exactly where they are from and how it made me feel and that is important to me. How I felt.

Here are some close ups.


I loved the rich, warm colours of the photos and these Graphic 45 papers were just perfect for it. I thought the chipboard bricks were perfect for this layout too. I water coloured them a rich yellow first and I then added touches of brick embossing powder to them to give added texture. The butterflies were made using a Martha Stewart punch.


I cut out some sayings from the sheets of paper that fit with my colour scheme and my idea. The lamp post chippie and the title JOY was painted black and also randomly embossed and I added a yellow background to the lamp post glass to look like light. Lastly I added the builders mesh and the flowers.


Here you can see one of the journalling cards that I cut out and tucked in. I love the vibrant colour.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I really appreciate it. 

Have a wonderful weekend and I will be back soon. 



xox
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Who the heck would ever say any photo taken could possibly mean nothing? Every photo captured means something to someone. And these are beautiful. Love the layout and the distressed brick. I don't know how you keep up with all of these DT obligations and still rock each and every layout, but girl you totally do! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful take on the inspiration. Love the retro feel and cheerful colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old timer...you....never!!!!

    I love this richly colourful page. It offsets your beautiful photos to perfection. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely took me back to my grandmother's house, Val, and it brought me a lot of joy to see it today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I can see that it means something to you and I love it. Your photos remind me of some little market towns we visited in Europe - I can almost smell the bread cooking and the coffee ready to serve. The bricks look authentic and quotes are perfect on that inspired choice of background paper. Fantastic work :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous vibrant page Val and those photo are awesome!!! Don't know why some people think that photos always have to be about places or people, they can be about atmosphere and the way the scene in front of the lens made you feel. You obviously took these because the scene made you feel warm and joyful and I think they are marvelous because they convey the same feeling to us as well!!! Your page is bright and beautiful and totally gorgeous!!! Love it!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you always find so interesting topics to your layouts! This is not exception, lovely layout with strong colors matching perfectly to those pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the papers you chose, they are perfect for this little Eurpoean setting! Such beautiful photo's too...and they are important! It's photo's like these that evoke the emotions of your trip...I am sure you can still hear the sounds of the street and the smell of it ad the way you felt while walking down it! These are the very treasures that you will remember!

    ReplyDelete