Pages

Saturday, 14 June 2014

I LOVE MY LIFE

Hello everyone
Today I have my layout for the new case file from CSI, and because it is June the theme is for weddings so the colours are soft and pretty.

And... because it is the second week of the month there is also a sketch from the hugely talented Em Stafrace over at Page Drafts - you should really check out her sketches they are amazing.

Here is my layout for this challenge.

I hardly EVER stick to a sketch but this time I kind of did... made a few little changes but nothing huge.

Here is how I solved the case.
Scheme - the colours are all there, even though the red looks a little light in the photos.
Evidence - Camera, check pattern (stamp), lace, wood (title), pair of something (twins).
Testimony - Hidden Journalling (behind the pics attached to the little tab).

The quote on the front of the layout says:
In dreams we catch glimpses of a life larger than our own.

My hidden journalling  says:

I am so proud of these two and the way they have adjusted to their new roles as parents to twins. Everyone knows that being a parent to one baby can be quite overwhelming at times but to have two at once can be quite challenging, and they have just taken it all in their stride. They have accepted that their lives are now completely in the hands of these two little beings for the next 18 or 20 years anyway. When they are together they work like a well oiled machine, feeding, burping, changing, soothing and sleeping when they can. Alone Lin is a mega machine, she washes, changes, feeds, burps, soothes and then starts all over again. She can even pick them both up together for a cuddle and I have never seen her lose her cool or look frazzled. So different from me as a young mother who constantly felt out of her depth. I love to watch the way they all interact and I am so grateful to be a part of their journey.

Here are some closeups.


I used a long chipboard title which I painted with a Tim Holtz distress ink and then added glitter to the red hearts. 


I did lots of mixed media on the background page, hence the crinkle :( I still hate that... First I gessoed the paper and then I stenciled the hearts on it. Once dry I misted with water and added a mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang - Jack in the Pulpit teal, I also added some stamping in teal and some splats. The edges were inked with a Tim Holtz distress in. 


I made the flowers with my Tim Holtz die cut. The camera was also coloured with distress ink and the little quote was stamped in the bottom corner.

If you would like to play along you have a week to do so and these challenges really are a lot of fun and they get you thinking out of the box.

I also have to share that I had layouts published in the new Let's Get Sketchy's Get Inspired Magazine - Volume 3... so excited :) You can find a copy of the magazine HERE on their blog, just scroll down and bit and you will find it on the right hand side. Full of wonderful, inspiring layouts.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. You know how much I appreciate them :D

xox
Photobucket


13 comments:

  1. Grrrr just lost my post...now I cant remeber all I said! Basically...love it all - the colours, background work and little lollipop flowers...oh and the awesome journalling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, Val!! Love your take on the sketch and these fab colors! Congratulations on your publication!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours...your mixed media is stunning and the crinkle isn't that bad. I love the photos that you took and it looks perfect with this colour combination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, this page is GORGEOUS! LOVING everythings about it! WOW!! Love that title and the product you chose to use for the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your layout, Val, especially the subject matter. Being a grandparent is a privilege.I have to say that I did not notice the crinkle until you mentioned it and I went back and took a look.you can be proud of this piece as well as being published again. I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your interpretation of the sketch and the challenge. The soft tones work so well for these tender photos. Like you, I get a bit cranky with crinkles on MM backgrounds, but have not found a way to overcome it. Love the little lollipop flowers and the quote. Spent a lot of time trying to work out what plip or pup had to do with anything, until the penny dropped and I realized I was reading the word upside down! BIG congrats on being published again, you are on fire :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Val!! Love your take on the challenge and the sketch. The photos are so beautiful and your journaling is truly heartwarming. The love you have for your family just shines through!! Absolutely love this and huge congrats on being published!! You rock!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your journalling. Don't know how they do it with 2...I barely made it through one! Love the way you interpreted the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, congrats for publishing - well deserved!
    That layout is just amazing, beautiful, fresh and full of love. I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, look at those tiny feet! This is such a neat page. It all works perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you write your posts it sounds just like you are chatting to someone you know well. A really lovely layout this with marvellous photos and great colours. (love the blue and orange)
    Super congrats on being published

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page Val and love everything about it! This colour combo for te CSI challenge was fabulous! Gorgeous photo's and so great to know that things are happy and content in this little household. I couldn't believe when I read in the previous post that Mommy has had to go back to work already....does'n't time fly!!!! So nice that you will have the babes for 2 days a week....it will create a bond that will last forever!!! My Mom looked after Joe for periods when he was small and they still have a really good bond and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your publication Valerie!! and this is really such a sweet LO!

    ReplyDelete