Pages

Monday, 9 June 2014

SWEETNESS OF SPRING

Hello Everyone,

I have another DT layout today and this one is for Black with 2 BW2. You have one month to enter this challenge and you should take a look at all the wonderful inspiration from the DT.

Here is the fabulous mood board.


And the sketch to follow.


Here is my take on the challenge. You have to use the colours Chocolate and Raspberry, and the word SWEETNESS in your journalling.
 

The journalling on the front of the layout says.
I love spring time when everything comes to life, all washed clean by the first rains of the season.

My journalling on the back of the layout says.
Nothing compares to the sweetness of spring. 
The leaves on the trees begin to unfurl and the new shoots start to push through the earth straining, searching for the sun. The rain falls softly soaking the hard winter earth and there is nothing that beats the smell of hot earth that is rain soaked. The grass grows green again and my fever tree is a hive of activity as the birds start to build their nests for their young. I love how alive my garden is in the spring, everything flowers, the bees and butterflies are busy with the flowers and my gorgeous azaleas are just a mass of sweet pink blooms. This time of the year is a time of renewal, a time of vigour and a time to flourish and it just makes me happy.

Here are some close ups.


I cut the doily using my new Martha Stewart round punch. Oh my I love that punch. The title was done using chipboard painted black for the SPRING and the rest is rub ons. The little diamonds are rubons as well and then I added a large bling flourish.


The Jolis come from a sheet of chipboard that no longer has a name on it so I don't know whose it is. I spotted the typo but only fixed it after I had taken this pic.... think I could not decide if I wanted it to 'come alive' or 'come to life' but there you go :D

Thanks so much for stopping by, and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)


xox
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty page. Love the photos, love the punched circle and like you, I love the first signs of spring after a dark, cold winter. Beautiful work Val. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly making a "pink"convert out of me, Val! This is so very beautiful. Full of live and color and newness, not unlike our Springs, which come at different times of the year for each of us. This is special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Val! The colours & your photos are beautiful. Where is the paper range from? I can't wait for spring - and winter has only just begun here :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Val! This is gorgeous!! Love how you used the colors and the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it makes me smile and feel happy :) I too love the spring and seeing all the renewal of life around me.

    Awesome work my friend <3

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty....really evokes the sense of spring & I see why you love your new punch! Looks amazing.....you are ROCKING the black bgs...go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I love the contrast & the pretty pink & bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the pink pops on the black background. A very pretty page with beautiful little touches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! I love spring too and you've certainly captured the feel of it here Val!! Absolutely stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning page....I love the black and pink togethe and the design is perfect! There is no better season for me than Spring, I always have a renewed sense of energy and life! I was thinking just this morning that 20/21 Jun is the winter soltice and the days will start getting longer again....roll on Spring! ;-)

    ReplyDelete