Pages

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

BOOKS

Hello Everyone,

Eve Rae over at BW2 decided to come up with a mid-month challenge that nearly blew my socks off. 

50 Shades of black.
YES! Seriously. 

I am not wild about scrapping shades of anything so this pushed me RIGHT out of my comfort zone but I was determined to give it a try, after all that is why they are called challenges. 

Here is my layout.


I used black cardstock, a template with black gesso onto which I sprinkled black glitter while it was still wet and left it to dry naturally. I had the black flower and lace and I painted the doily black. Added a black frame with some ribbon and some black square bling. 

Done and dusted... one black challenge. If this kind of thing appeals to you head on over and take a look at what the other DT members came up with and play along.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and thank you so much for the comments that you leave. I really appreciate them.


xox
Photobucket


9 comments:

  1. Just an unbelievable piece, Val! I would have just passed this one by, for sure. But, in the end, what you have accomplished is absolutely gorgeous! What? No journaling? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow it has such an elegance about it.. I have done white on white but not black on black.. This looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond striking Val. This might sound crazy but it borders on sensual. I don't know what it is, but it packs a punch :) I find this one so fascinating I just might throw my hat in....

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a brave girl to tackle such a challenge; but you pulled it off with great drama and flair. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! WOW!!!!! This looks like one of those professional shots for a mag or something......it looks so perfect....there's no way I could do this challenge. Hats & socks off to you for doing so sublimely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is gorgeous!! I thought it was a sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Val! I LOVE this - I think you really have got fifty shades of black in there, and so much texture and interest - unbelievable and so cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Val...this is awesome. I love the shades of black and would be way to scared to attempt a challenge like this. You did it magnificently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoever would have thought that all black (although in different shades) would look so damn good?!? You've created a real work of art with this one...love it! x

    ReplyDelete