Pages

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

LOVE

Hello Everyone,

It is the beginning of a new month which means there are a lot of new challenges up for July. Today I am sharing my layout for the new OUAS Challenge. You have the whole month to play along and there is wonderful inspiration from the Design Team.

Here is this month's the sketch. 


Journalling Theme: "Numbers.." 

Pick a number and center your journalling around it. (i.e. FIVE men in my life, TEN quirky traits, THREE long term goals, or 2014--the date I will do ___)

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch above and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is!

Here is my layout.


My journalling on the back of the layout says:

AND ... babies makes 4,  in the blink of an eye an instant family. You have your pigeon pair a beautiful little boy and a beautiful little girl.  I know it seems like it is so hard sometimes but I can promise you that it does get easier, do not be afraid to ask for help, it does not make you weak, or helpless or incompetent, it makes you human. No-one expects you to be super-parents. There are going to be times when you will feel completely overwhelmed and out of your depth and that is perfectly normal and ok, you are so lucky to have a loving and supportive family to help you make the most of it. I know that this is not the way you planned things and that you haven't even had time to adjust to being married let alone being married with children, but this will be your greatest challenge and your greatest reward, and definitely your greatest expense and investment. :) Just remember to enjoy every minute of it, the good and the tough because what I can tell you for nothing is that it will be over before you know it.

Here are some close-ups.


I used white cardstock for my background and the papers are from Teresa Collins, I added washi tape, flowers and brads to the layout. The hearts are grunge board from Tim Holtz that I painted red.


I coloured the seam binding with Tim Holtz distress stain and did the same to create the red roses. A couple of hat pins were added and also some cotton.


Lastly I added some mesh tape and made a few splats with ink and distress stain.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it. :)


xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh this is adorable! What great photos! and love the red and white colors.. really beautiful journalling too.. love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom this is beautiful! Reading your journaling makes me cry every time! Your skill as a scrapper with the layouts is undeniable but you have a hidden gem of a talent! Your journaling is beautiful and it feels good that the kids will know exactly what gran was thinking when they are old enough to enjoy your talents like we all do! Simply beautiful! Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both a magical photo and a magical moment captured in this layout, Val! Heartfelt journaling makes this just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A layout full of love & great advice Val. Another stunning memory for your little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors and the darling black and white pictures. Just lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful page from Granny Val. I adore the red and white theme - it goes so perfectly with the hearts and with the warmth of your words. It's wonderful that two, tiny, innocent babes can generate an outpouring of unconditional love. I agree with your words to your family that it can be tough, but take time to enjoy, because in a wink and a blink they will be all grown up. Fave for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My beautiful Val, I saw this on OUAS and loved it! Your colors, my the red, it's stunning right down to the bow <3 <3 <3 Each piece you create is just wonderful. What a gorgeous piece dedicated to your precious lovies :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really lovely.....the colours are gorgeous & those splats are a great finishing touch....as always, your journaling is spot on:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous, Val! Love the red, white & black and all the embellies you've used. Beautiful journaling as always. And such lovely pics too <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout of your gorgeous grandchildren Val. Love the colour scheme and your journalling is so true. I am sure they know how blessed they are to have you as their grandma who will be there whenever needed
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val...one can sense the love behind this page...it is tangible. Beautiful page and even more beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Val I love it!! Great picture and great page!! so many beautiful things, banners and details!!! thank you for the inspiration!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning and beautiful page! I love everything about it....this is just a beautiful and loving document of love! Perfectly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this beauty over on the OUAS blog! LOVE LOVE LOVE the B&W and such a sweet sentiment. I just love your journaling - always have. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a yummy layout! Those teeny splats look fab!!

    ReplyDelete