Pages

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

SO SERIOUS

Hello Everyone

I am so far behind the eight ball at the moment :( I have so much catching up to do. This layout was from the Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #31 at the beginning of the month. :/

Here is Denise van Deventer's lovely sketch.


Here is my layout for this challenge.


I mirrored the sketch because of the way that Spence was looking.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

Spencer you are such a serious little boy and you watches everything and don't miss a trick but you do not smile easily. You don't cry or moan easily either. You just sit and watch,  you are not jealous of Paige  - you just watch and wait your turn and when I talk to you or play with you  the sweetest smile spreads across your face lighting up your eyes and if I play 'This little piggy' with you I can usually get you to giggle. You are  so like your dad as a baby it is scary and I see it in so many ways. If you grows up to be just like him  you will be a very special person too.  So Spence, laugh often it really is good for your soul.  There is nothing wrong with just watching and taking it all in , you are learning all the time and knowledge is power. Play nice and share your toys.  Play outside as much as you can it will fuel your imagination and if you have imagination there is nothing that you can't do. Don't be afraid to take time out just for you, it is also good for your soul it also teaches you that only you can make you happy. Say I love you often and give and take hugs freely. There are amazing opportunities for you out there and ALWAYS know that I love you.

Here are some close ups.


I used beige cardstock and layered it onto the faded red card stock and the strips and bits of paper used for layer are all from Maja Design (can you tell I am besotted with this range of papers)? The splats were made with a black distress stain and the stars are made of black felt.


I have also tucked in some film strip and some mesh tape and other bits and pieces that fit with the colours and theme of my layout.


I tucked some cotton in here and there too and the tabs on the photo are material tape and brads. The title is some old stickers that I had.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :) and for taking the time to leave me a comment I really love to read them all.



Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous! The black splats...I'm sooo envious that you seem to do them so effortlessly:):) And I love that your GB is already developing his own personality:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Правда, такой серьезный мальчик, но в тоже время такой милый)) Замечательная работа.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they get to read all of your journalling one day, it is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sketch and gorgeous page! Little Spence is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet he is Val! It's interesting to hear that they already have their unique ways of viewing the world. Your words to him are so tender and wise; what a lucky little boy he is, to have you guiding and guarding him. Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Val, what a doll he is! These are so very special. What a wonderful gift for when he's grown.

    Love this layout. Those splats are perfectly placed! Love the thread and tour stars are awesome :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever, this is an amazing layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, little boy page Val! I love the splashes, stars and cotton.....which are so fab for boy pages! I love those precious little photo's too....how could anyone not love that sweet little face! Amazing how these little one's can wrap themselves around our hearts! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning page...I love how good the pink looks with the blue...meant to be! You always have me looking for a tissue when I get leaky seams reading your journalling. You are very special Val. You are really memory keeping for these little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this page Val!! Perhaps that sweet photo has a lot to do with that. He is so gorgeous and so serious, you have to wonder what he is thinking.. Love the splashes of colour on the neutral background, those pops of black and pale orange really stand out and your journaling is so heartwarming and wise ... absolutely wonderful!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww such an adorable page....love it! The splats & felt stars really set the page off perfectly...and then of course, there's your fabulous journaling - again! My how Spencer will cherish your beautiful words as he grows up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS. I think you need to give us a bit of a tutorial on how you do your awesome splats :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I use Tim Holtz distress stain. Hold it straight above your layout and bang down hard. It spays so make sure you cover what you don't want messed. I love them. Makes it so easy. :D

      Delete
    2. ooh, only just seen this. Thanks Val, I shall have to invest in some of Timmy's distress stains & give it a whirl :D x

      Delete
  13. Beautiful Val, he is a lucky little boy to have a grandmother that clearly adores her grandbubbies. Love the journalling , which is going to be so wonderful for them to read as they get older and such wise advice
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. I love the sophisticated nude & black scheme here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just Beautiful Val..... sweet photos, fabulous layers and details and love your journaling.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all your lovely words......Take Care. x

    ReplyDelete