Pages

Thursday, 3 July 2014

WONDER

Hello Everyone

Today I am back with the new mood board challenge over at BW2 and this month it is a lovely fiery colour palette - Orange and Grey on Black.. The journalling word for this month is Tropicana.


Here is the sketch to be used.


Here is my layout for this challenge.


My journalling on the back of the layout says:

I am lying on the beach with my toes in the sand,
The sun going down, a tropicana in my hand,
A breeze on my face and nothing on my mind.
Shells in my pocket and my honey by my side.
It doesn't get much better than this...
My idea of bliss.

Phuket is one of our favourite beach holidays. We love the weather, the place, the people and the food, not to mention the vibe. Nothing to do but lie around on the beach, swim in warm, calm waters, drink cocktails, eat amazing food and chillax. Wonderful places to visit and explore.  Bargains to be made in the markets and massages to be had at the end of a long day sightseeing or even on the beach. It really doesn't get better than this. Does it? I wonder!

Here are some close ups.

 

I did some stencilling on the background with gesso that I coloured orange with paint. The banner was created with papers of black, orange and grey and added to some raffia. I used the same raffia to create a frame for the middle photo. At either end of the banner are little clusters of flowers and I added a heart a heart to the one side too. Above the photo are some buttons and an arrow.


At the bottom I cut a tag and put it through my cuttlebug machine and added diamond glaze to the dots. I finished it off with a couple of flowers a raffia bow and the title. I also added some bling just because I could.


xox
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The fiery colours make me yearn for summer to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout, the colored gesso looks vibrant! Now what the hack is a tropicana in your hand? A nightclub? cigar? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, this is gorgeous. the navy is so different from what I am used to seeing but I ALWAYS love what you create!!! WOW. Such a great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kapow! This brilliant page is so bold and dramatic. Love the banner and the lush flowers. Your journalling paints word pictures of beach holidays in Asia - so relaxing. Love the little cluster at the bottom with the diamond glaze on the tag :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love the richness of your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, in all seriousness, I love what your have created here, and I love your poem! But, really, Phuket? You can just imagine where my mind went with that! In all fairness to me, you must know that I google'd Phuket, and here's what I found: Phuket, formerly known as Thalang and, in Western sources and navigation charts, Jung Ceylon, is one of the southern provinces of Thailand. So, okay. Now, I understand! But still, Phuket Beach? I really, really need to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh....aaaah! Stunnalicious! Popalicious......almost edible with that orange! Loooove the circled photo & that title is YUMMY!!! Gorgeous, different page. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning page.....the colouring so perfect for your theme! So beautiful and dramatic! Love the design....so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors! I've so missed your lovely inspirations. Been following your lovely grandchildren on FB, but haven't visited for oh so long. Hopefully that will change!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout Val! Looks GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete